Mexico vs Guatemala Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 08/06/2023

 

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Interesting Mexico vs Guatemala Predictions

Football Whispers’ soccer experts compiled the following Mexico vs Guatemala betting tips for the international friendly game on the 8th of June that will be held at Estadio de Mazatlan. Don’t miss the chance to see what our experts have to say regarding this classic Central American clash.

Mexico/Mexico

It goes without saying that it’s Mexico who are the favorites to win. Everything works in favor of our key Mexico vs Guatemala prediction. Everything!

First of all, coach Diego Cocca, the 51-year-old Argentine, is an ambitious manager who certainly knows how to make the most out of a bad situation. Mexico were involved in the World Cup in Qatar but, alas, weren’t up to par as they got thrashed around in a group including Saudi Arabia, Poland, and future World Champions Argentina.

Furthermore, the last 10 games between the two sides speak volumes regarding the class difference between the two nations’ soccer teams. With six victories, two draws, and barely two losses, Mexico are the dominant force.

Over 3.5 Goals

Only three of the last 10 matches between the two teams actually ended with four or more goals. In seven games on the spin, we saw three or fewer. However, the most common outcome of this rivalry is the 3-0 victory which is only narrowly escaping our Mexico vs Guatemala prediction.

For our Mexico vs Guatemala prediction to become successful coach Diego Cocca’s boys will have to kick things up a notch as their last clash versus Guatemala was the notorious 0-3 loss at Camping World Stadium in a game in which ref Reon Radix had a lot of work to do giving a total of five yellow cards.

Mexico vs Guatemala Odds for the International Friendly

Friendly or not, the game on Thursday supplies us with some great betting opportunities which will be better understand via these Mexico vs Guatemala head-to-head statistics

Mexico odds: -384 – 78.0%

Draw odds: +450 – 17.0%

Guatemala odds: +975 – 5.0%

Yes, you’ve read correctly, the Mexico vs Guatemala betting odds imply a laughable 5.0% win probability for Guatemala while the bookies consider Mexico the expected winners on Thursday as coach Cocca’s boys have a shocking 78.0% win probability. It will take quite a performance from the visitors to even get a draw out of the game at Estadio de Mazatlan as a draw is priced at +450 (17.0%).

Mexico vs Guatemala Lineups & Team News

Mexico

The Aztecs are in a very good mood recently. After Mexico got knocked out of the World Cup in Qatar, they needed some time to regain confidence. That’s were appointing Diego Cocca in charge of the team came into play. The 51-year-old Argentine was swift to make changes and they already gave results. The 1-1 tie versus much-admired USA was a very good result in our book and we believe a massive beating over their rivals on Thursday is what we should expect, as you already read about in our Mexico vs Guatemala prediction.

Predicted lineup – Lopez (GK), Guzman, N. Araujo, Reyes, J. Araujo, Antuna, Sanchez, Chavez, Gallardo, de la Rosa & Vega

Guatemala

We can safely say that Guatemala doesn’t lack consistency. The last game in which coach Luis Fernando Teno’s boys lost was on the 3rd of June, 2022. It was a poor match versus French Guiana which was the wake-up call Guatemala needed to get up from the mud and record a six-game unbeaten run. However, the teams who faced Guatemala were way off from Mexico’s standards so Guatemala’s record isn’t something we care for in our Mexico vs Guatemala predictions and picks.

Predicted lineup – Hagen (GK), Santis, Betancourth, Archila, Lopez, O. Castellanos, Aparicio, Pinto, Saravia, Samayoa & J. Castellanos

Player to Watch: Uriel Antuna

In-form Antuna is probably one of coach Diego Cocca’s key players. Mexico’s number seven plays a midfield role and he does it quite well. It showed on the 20th of April that Uriel Antuna is a cracking player.

The game against the US at University of Phoenix Stadium ended with a 1-1 draw and it was Uriel Antuna who gave Mexico the lead in the 55th minute of the game. His opener, however, wasn’t enough for his teammates to secure victory. Regardless, we still believe Uriel Antuna to be a key part of our Mexico vs Guatemala prediction, and seeing as the game will be held at Estadio de Mazatlan, we are prepared to see an even more enjoyable display from the 25-year-old attacking midfielder.

Starting Lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Mexico vs Guatemala Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.