Club America vs Columbus Crew Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 01/08/2023

Columbus Crew
01/08/23 - 01:00

Finished

4

-

1

Club America

Columbus Crew - Club America

Leagues Cup - Lower.com Field

3rd Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Exclusive Club America vs Columbus Crew Predictions

The Eagles and Columbus Crew collide on the 1st day of August at Lower.com Field. Will coach Nancy’s goalscoring machine get the better of the visitors from Mexico? Find out in the Club America vs Columbus Crew betting tips below!

Over 3.5 Goals

  • The Eagles crushed in-form St. Louis City 4-0 in their opening Leagues Cup match.
  • Two of Columbus Crew’s last three MLS games ended in over 3.5 Goals.
  • Coach Nancy’s boys have the best attacking record in MLS, with 45 goals scored across 23 league fixtures.

Club America to Win

  • So far, Club America have a 100.0% win rate in the Leagues Cup this season.
  • After two Liga MX games played, Club America have one victory and one loss.
  • The Crew couldn’t get their hands on the three points in three consecutive Major League Soccer games.

Essential Club America vs Columbus Crew Head-to-Head Statistics and Odds

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to get your hands on FanDuel’s top Club America vs Columbus Crew odds and offers!

Club America odds: +165 – 36.0%

Draw odds: +265 – 27.0%

Columbus Crew odds: +150 – 37.0%

In this very important Group D game between the two sides, we have Columbus Crew down as the expected winners with a 37.0% win probability at +150, while the Eagles will try to soar high with their 36.0% shot at the three points. A draw on the 1st of August is priced at +265 (27.0%), while our Over 3.5 Goals betting tip has a 37.04% likelihood, according to the bookie’s odds, which currently stand at +170.

Club America vs Columbus Crew Lineups & Team News

Club America

Poor St. Louis City. The Eagles didn’t go easy on the newly established MLS side at all. The brawl on the 28th of July was a one-sided affair, with coach Bradley Carnell’s boys getting a lesson in soccer. Our Club America vs Columbus Crew predictions will succeed as long as the Mexican side maintains momentum.

Predicted lineup – Malagon (GK), Alvarez, Reyes, Caceres, Chavez, Sanchez, dos Santos, Fidalgo, Suarez, Martin & Quinones

Columbus Crew

Similar to the Eagles, Columbus showed no mercy when locking horns with St. Louis City. Sure, the game was only one with a narrow one-goal lead after the result on the scoreboard at Lower.com Field showed 2-1, but coach Nancy’s boys had complete control over the game with 67.0% possession.

Predicted lineup – Bush (GK), Vallecilla, Zawadzki, Amundsen, Farsi, Nagbe, Morris, Yeboah, Ramirez, Zelarayan & Hernandez

Player to Watch: Henry Martin

To think anyone else deserves to be under the spotlight in our Club America vs Columbus Crew prediction would simply be ludicrous. Sure, the Crew’s Zelarayan is having a tremendous season, but Henry Martin is a seasoned goalscorer that can turn the tides of any game.

Henry Martin was voted Best Player in Liga MX last season, but he also won the Top Goalscorer award with an impressive lead over former winner Andre-Pierre Gignac. We believe Henry will be at his lethal best for his club on the 1st of August, just like he was versus St. Louis City where he bagged a lovely 5th-minute goal.

Starting Lineups

Columbus Crew

Columbus Crew
3-4-1-2
9
Cucho Hernandez
co
Substitutes
19
Jacen Russell-Rowe
ca
3
Josh Williams
us
7
Julian Gressel
us
13
Kevin Molino
tt

Club America

Club America
4-2-3-1
1
Luis Malagon
mx
5
Kevin Alvarez
mx
14
Nestor Araujo
mx
3
Israel Reyes
mx
26
Salvador Reyes
mx
8
Alvaro Fidalgo
es
32
Leo Suarez
ar
19
Miguel Layun
mx
33
Julian Quinones
co
Substitutes
4
Sebastian Caceres
uy
183
Leonardo Palestina
mx
6
Jonathan Dos Santos
mx
21
Henry Martin
mx
27
Oscar Jimenez
mx
7
Brian Rodriguez
uy
2
Luis Fuentes
mx
196
Bruce El-Mesmari
mx
23
Emilio Lara
mx
16
Santiago Naveda
mx
214
Patricio Salas
mx

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Club America vs Columbus Crew Prediction


Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.