Austin vs Toronto Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 21/05/2023

Austin FC
21/05/23 - 01:30

Finished

1

-

0

ca

Austin FC - Toronto FC

USA MLS - Q2 Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Exclusive Austin vs Toronto Predictions & Betting Lines

Interestingly enough, the Austin vs Toronto clash on the 21st of May is actually going to be one of the more interesting MLS games this week. Make sure you don’t miss out on the action at Q2 Stadium as we anticipate 90 minutes of intense soccer.

For more MLS predictions, go to our designated page.

Austin to Win

After the dreadful away game versus Seattle Sounders, it’s time for coach Josh Wolff’s boys to take a breather at home. And that’s what the Toronto clash will probably be for Austin. It’s not like Austin are thriving these days. The team is in 12th place in the Western Conference with 10 points to its name but Toronto’s display has been lacking quality this entire season long.

A quick check at the rankings tells us that coach Bob Bradley’s boys are at the very bottom of the Eastern Conference with two victories, six draws, and four losses in 12 official games. You’d expect more from a team with such tremendous players, yet, our Austin vs Toronto predictions are entirely behind the home side.

Over 2.5 Goals

How can we possibly expect the brawl at Q2 Stadium to be a lackluster event when we know the names that will be among the two managers’ starters? First of all, we have the 2022 MLS top scorer, Sebastian Driussi, leading Austin’s attack. He averaged 0.65 goals last season so he’ll surely try to defend his throne in the 2023 campaign.

Furthermore, coach Bob Bradley came prepared with a dynamic duo of his own. The Lorenzo Insigne – Federico Bernardeschi partnership needs no introduction as the two players have proven their worth time and time again in Serie A so it’ll be surprising if our Austin vs Toronto betting tips fail this week.

Top Austin vs Toronto Odds & H2H Stats

These interesting Austin vs Toronto head-to-head statistics might make a difference for your bet. Make sure you don’t miss out!

Head to Head

09/02/22

America Friendlies America

Austin FC

Austin FC

ca

Toronto FC

1

2

Last Five - Austin FC

14/04/24

USA MLS USA

St. Louis City SC

St. Louis City SC

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

0

L

07/04/24

USA MLS USA

San Jose Earthquakes

San Jose Earthquakes

Austin FC

Austin FC

3

4

W

31/03/24

USA MLS USA

FC Dallas

FC Dallas

Austin FC

Austin FC

1

2

W

23/03/24

USA MLS USA

Orlando City SC

Orlando City SC

Austin FC

Austin FC

2

0

L

17/03/24

USA MLS USA

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union

Austin FC

Austin FC

2

2

D

Austin odds: -110 – 51.0%

Draw odds: +270 – 26.0%

Toronto odds: +295 – 23.0%

A draw is valued at +270 and it has a 26.0% chance of success while coach Bob Bradley’s boys have barely acquired a 23.0% win probability ahead of Sunday’s brawl. That’s the level of confidence the bookmakers have in Toronto snatching the three points. Meanwhile, it’s Austin who are the bookies’ expected winners with a 51.0% win chance on the 21st of May and we are happy to see them agree with our Austin vs Toronto predictions.

Austin vs Toronto Lineups & Team News

Austin

As we mentioned earlier in our Austin vs Toronto predictions, coach Josh Wolff’s boys have been lacking consistency and that’s why we see them rank 12th. However, they do have a postponed game yet to be played so if a win is achieved, Austin’s fans will rejoice at the fact that their team has skyrocketed to 9th or 8th.

Predicted lineup – Stuver (GK), Ring, Cascante, Vaisanen, Lundqvist, Pereira, Valencia, Gallagher, Rigoni, Redes & Zardes

Toronto

The only thing keeping Bob Bradley’s job is his spotless reputation. However, he can’t keep relying on that as the board demand results. And so far, he’s not living up to the expectations. Toronto are at the bottom of the table in the Western Conference and they’ll have the pressure to succeed at Q2 Stadium.

Predicted lineup – Johnson (GK), Laryea, Mabika, Kaye, Marshall-Rutty, Servania, Osorio, Franklin, Insigne, Bernardeschi & Sapong

Starting Lineups

Austin FC

Austin FC
3-4-3
1
Bradley Stuver
us
8
Alexander Ring
fi
15
Leo Vaisanen
fi
24
Nicholas Lima
us
17
Jon Gallagher
ie
6
Daniel Pereira
us
22
Sofiane Djeffal
fr
18
Julio Cascante
cr
13
Ethan Finlay
us
11
Rodney Redes
py
37
Maximiliano Urruti
ar
Substitutes
16
Hector Jimenez
us
20
Matt Bersano
us
5
Jhojan Valencia
co
66
Aleksandar Radovanovic
rs
14
Diego Fagundez
uy
7
Emiliano Rigoni
ar
21
Adam Lundqvist
se
29
Will Bruin
us
9
Gyasi Zardes
us

Toronto FC

ca
4-3-3
1
Sean Johnson
us
19
Kobe Franklin
ca
22
Richie Laryea
ca
6
Aime Mabika
us
28
Raoul Petretta
it
23
Brandon Servania
us
2
Matt Hedges
us
14
Mark-Anthony Kaye
ca
10
Federico Bernardeschi
it
9
C.J. Sapong
us
81
Themi Antonoglou
ca
Substitutes
65
Antony Curic
ca
71
Markus Cimermancic
ca
83
Hugo Mbongue
ca
47
Kosi Thompson
ca
30
Tomas Romero
sv
3
Cristian Gutierrez
ca
77
Jordan Perruzza
ca
20
Ayo Akinola
ca
72
Jordan Faria
ca

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Sebastian Driussi

Austin’s Driussi is an unstoppable juggernaut at his best. And he’s been enjoying the best days of his career in the past two years.

During the 37 games he was featured in the 2022 MLS campaign, Sebastian Druissi managed to bag 25 goals for Austin which earned him the top goalscorer award. He was close to losing it as Philadelphia Union’s Daniel Gazdag was right on his tail with 24 goals but in the end, it was Driussi who had the last laugh.

The fact that he’ll undoubtedly have confidence soaring through the roof gives us faith that our Austin vs Toronto predictions might succeed.

Q&As Regarding Our Austin vs Toronto Predictions & Picks

Austin vs Toronto Prediction

  • What’s coach Josh Wolff’s record versus Toronto? – Austin’s manager has a poor 0-0-3 record against the Canucks.
  • What’s the venue? – Austin vs Toronto will be played at Q2 Stadium.
  • Whom do the bookmakers favor? – They predict a hard-earned Austin win on the 21st of May.
  • Which bookmaker would you recommend? – Caesars Sportsbook. The bookie has great Austin vs Toronto odds for you.

Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.