Philadelphia Union vs Alianza Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 15/03/2023

Philadelphia Union
15/03/23 - 00:00

Finished

4

-

0

Alianza FC

Philadelphia Union - Alianza FC

CONCACAF Champions Cup - Subaru Park

4th Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Philadelphia Union vs Alianza Predictions & Betting Lines

The CONCACAF Champions League on the 15th of March between Philadelphia Union and Alianza will be the decisive one and we’re convinced that it will be a can’t-miss event.

Philadelphia Union/Philadelphia Union

Sure, Joaquin Torres’s second-half winner gave Philadelphia Union a much-needed win over Chicago Fire in the previous MLS fixture but coach Jim Curtin’s boys certainly deserved to score earlier. They had 55% possession and 14 shots at target while the visitors barely had 45% possession and 9 shots at target which makes our Philadelphia Union vs Alianza pick much more trustworthy.

Furthermore, our Philadelphia Union vs Alianza prediction is backed up by the fact that the Union did get to the MLS Cup final last year. And that’ll certainly give Jim Curtin’s boys confidence to face any foe this season.

Place the bet >>

Under 0.5 Alianza Goals

Our second Philadelphia Union vs Alianza prediction turns your attention to the number of goals we’ll see at Subaru Park. Yes, Philadelphia Union couldn’t find the net against Alianza in the previous CONCACAF Champions League fixture but neither did the home team.

Alianza recorded only two shots on target and things aren’t looking good for the rematch for coach Eduardo Lara’s boys. After all, Philadelphia Union proved to be an unbeatable side when it comes to performing at home. The last opponent to find out this the hard way were Chicago Fire who got pipped 1-0 and went home empty-handed.

Place the bet >>

Essential Philadelphia Union vs Alianza Odds & Head-to-Head Statistics

The odds-finding tool below will help you make the best Philadelphia Union vs Alianza bet this week.

Philadelphia Union odds: -151 – 59.0%

Draw odds: +300 – 25.0%

Alianza odds: +400 – 16.0%

Philadelphia Union’s odds to win this match at -151 suggest a massive 59.0% win probability for Jim Curtin’s boys while the visitors barely have a 16.0% likelihood of winning at +400. A draw is valued at +300 (25.0%) but we highly doubt that Alianza have the potential to muster another goalless tie against this opponent.

Philadelphia Union vs Alianza Lineups & Team News

Philadelphia Union

Daniel Gazdag was Philadelphia Union’s key player last season but he didn’t make an appearance in the previous CONCACAF Champions League clash for a reason. After all, coach Jim Curtin is fully aware that the fans anticipate another attack on the title this year, and wasting your best player’s energy in a next-to-meaningless CONCACAF Champions League game would be considered unwise.

Predicted lineup – Blake (GK), Wagner, Elliott, Lowe, Harriel, Bueno Anaz, Perea, McGlynn, Torres, Sullivan & Donovan

Alianza

The Philadelphia Union vs Alianza predictions you saw above were partially based on how Alianza are doing this season. With five wins and five draws in 10 Salvadoran Primera Division games, coach Eduardo Lara’s boys are in 2nd place trailing by one point. They’ll have to be at their lethal best if they want to grab another impressive result against Philadelphia Union but we just can’t see it happening as the Union are an unbeatable force at Subaru Park.

Predicted lineup – Martinez (GK), Canales, Romero, Valencia, Renderos, Rodriguez, Orellana, Portillo, Monterrosa, Mercado & Zelaya

Starting Lineups

Philadelphia Union

Philadelphia Union
4-5-1
12
Joseph Bendik
us
26
Nathan Harriel
us
17
Damion Onandi Lowe
jm
5
Jakob Glesnes
no
27
Kai Wagner
de
8
Jose Martinez
ve
10
Daniel Gazdag
hu
19
Joaquin Torres
ar
16
Jack McGlynn
us
11
Alejandro Bedoya
us
9
Julian Carranza
ar
Substitutes
3
Jack Elliott
gb
31
Leon Maximilian Flach
de
20
Jesus Bueno
ve
15
Olivier Mbaizo
cm
6
Andres Perea
us
14
Jeremy Rafanello
us
34
Brandan Craig
us
33
Quinn Sullivan
us
7
Mikael Uhre
dk
25
Chris Donovan
us
13
Holden Trent
us
2
Matt Real
us

Alianza FC

Alianza FC
4-4-2
16
Henry Javier Romero Ventura
sv
4
Ivan Roberto Mancia Ramirez
sv
17
Alexis Montes Renderos
sv
8
Oscar Rodriguez
sv
26
Elias Ezequiel Rivas Munoz
sv
27
Jose Isaac Portillo Molina
sv
22
Rodolfo Antonio Zelaya Garcia
sv
23
Michell Mercado
sv
Substitutes
9
Miguel Murillo
co
5
Mario Alberto Jacobo Segovia
sv
30
Emerson Mauricio
sv
1
Jonathan Daniel Guardado Giron
sv
35
Emerson Hernandez
sv
56
Hamilton Benitez
sv

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Andre Blake

Not that Andre Blake had all that much to do in the first leg of this CONCACAF Champions League game but we think he’ll be the player to watch on Wednesday. If Jim Curtin wants his boys to advance to the next stage, Andre Blake will have to keep a clean sheet as Philadelphia Union’s players will be largely concentrated on their attacking display which might lead to a few good Alianza counter-attacks that he’ll have to nullify.

Common Philadelphia Union vs Alianza Questions and Answers:

Philadelphia Union vs Alianza Prediction

  • Are there any injuries or suspensions that coach Jim Curtin has to deal with? – No, the 43-year-old manager will be able to count on his best 11 men for this game.
  • Where will the match be played? – The Philadelphia Union vs Alianza clash will be held at Subaru Park.
  • Will Jonathan Jimenez play on Wednesday? – Sadly, no. Alianza’s left back sustained a cruciate ligament rupture and will miss a couple of matches.

Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.