18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Mauro Icardi is an Argentinean striker that plays for Paris Saint-Germain. Icardi moved from Argentina to join the Barcelona academy at an early age, He was highly rated in his time there but there were disagreements over how much playing time he should see. In 2012 he moved to Italy with Sampdoria and spent a season there before moving in 2013 to Internazionale where he is was the club captain, before joining Paris Saint Germain last summer.
Icardi’s completed transfers
- 2011: Barcelona (youth) to Sampdoria – €300,000
- 2013: Sampdoria to Inter Milan – €13 million
- 2020: Inter Milan to Paris Saint Germain – €50 million
Mauro Icardi was born in Argentina and is a star in their national team, but he currently plays for the French club Paris Saint-Germain. The striker is one of the best young players in his position, and he scored a total of one hundred and twenty-eight goals during his senior career up until the time of writing. We will review all the transfers in his career and everything else you need to know about the topic.
Icardi Transfer Odds, Rumours, and Transfer News
Icardi hasn't been to many teams in his career but has already made a positive impression on experts and fans alike. In his one season between 2012 and 2013 for Sampdoria, Icardi played brilliantly and scored eleven goals in a total of thirty-three appearances. This performance earned him the transfer to Inter Milan for €13 million. The player said that there were plenty of offers but joining Inter was a “dream come true.” For Inter Milan, he made a total of 188 appearances and scored 103 goals. During the seven-year period he played for the Italian team, many transfer rumours surfaced regarding clubs who wanted him or started negotiations for his transfer. According to his wife's tweet, in 2015, he could have gone to Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid. That transfer never came to be, and over the years, there have been plenty of failed bids, gossip, and transfer news regarding him, such as:
- 2016 – Spurs made a £38 million bid for Icardi, but no official transfer happened.
- 2016 – Arsenal wanted to sign the footballer for less than his buyout price.
- 2019 – Chelsea's boss Roman Abramovich was interested in the striker, and there was a possible £100 million deal coming up, but it never went through.
- 2019 – Atletico is interested in Icardi if key players leave amidst the uncertain situation between Inter Milan and Icardi.
- 2019 – Inter Miami CF was also interested in the player, according to the media, but the transfer odds were low.
- 2019 – Manchester United was also interested during Inter Milan’s quest for Romelu Lukaku.
- 2019 – Napoli, Juventus, Monaco, and AC Milan wanted to sign Icardi, among other transfer targets.
- 2019 – PSG is hopeful for Icardi transfer after difficulties in Intern Milan.
Football whispers are uncertain and many times wrong. After a one-year loan to PSG in 2019, Icardi finally moved to the French club in 2020. The transfer happened on 31st May 2019 for €50 million, even though his option to buy from the loan was €70 million. The contract he signed was for four years, and since then, there haven't been any new rumours.
Mauro Icardi is an exceptional player, and his career is peaking right now. After some time, we predict that new transfer rumours will begin to circle the football media, and other teams would be interested in buying him from PSG. It all depends on his future performance, and we can't wait to witness it.