Haaland: A rising star with a few transfers behind his back already
- 2017: Bryne FK to Molde for £90,000
- 2019: Molde to RB Salzburg for £7.2 million
- 2020: RB Salzburg to Borussia Dortmund for £18 million
Erling Haaland is a young professional striker who plays in the Bundesliga. He was born in 2000 and is the youngest player to score in five consecutive UEFA Champions League matches. Haaland won the 2020 Golden Boy award and the Golden Boot in the 2019 FIFA World Cup U-20. Erling Haaland is one of the best young talents in football, and he has a bright future ahead of him. Although he still has a lot to show us, we will review all the transfer news and football whispers surrounding him during his senior career.
Erling Haaland Rumours and Transfer Odds
Erling Haaland came up in the Bryne youth team, and when he started playing for their senior reserve and primary squads, he scored eighteen goals from a total of thirty appearances. At the end of the 2017 winter transfer window, Haaland signed with the Norwegian team Molde for £90,000. There he played under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær, and it was reported that several clubs were interested in him, but they were rejected.
In the 2019 winter transfer window, Haaland joined RB Salzburg for £7.2 million on a five-year contract. From sixteen total appearances for the club, he scored seventeen impressive goals. There were many transfer rumours around November 2019 about various clubs that were interested in him, making him the most wanted of all the transfer targets in that month. These are the confirmed rumours we could find:
- Arsenal registered interest in Haaland after his hat-trick during the UEFA Champions League Group stage game, which was RB Salzburg's first one in twenty-five years.
- Real Madrid and Barcelona expressed interest in Haaland after he scored six goals in his first three UEFA Champions League matches, which was a record.
- RB Leipzig’s coach Julian Nagelsmann is also interested in Haaland and wants to pair him with rising star Timo Werner.
- Juventus also sent their scouts to approach Erling Braut Haaland in November 2019.
- Manchester United’s new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær also sent a scout to monitor Haaland to sign him in the future.
- Bayern Munich also wants Haaland for themselves and are monitoring him.
- Napoli is prepared to offer RB Salzburg for Erling Haaland.
- Manchester City is joining the race for the Norwegian star Erling Haaland.
- Liverpool wants to sign Erling Haaland and is one of the many teams trying.
- Atletico Madrid’s Diego Simone wants Haaland to transfer during the January transfer window.
On January 1st, 2020, Haaland signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with the German team Borussia Dortmund for a fee of £18million. The exceptional player appeared in twenty-three games and scored the same number of goals. He even became the fastest-scoring player with sixteen goals in the Champions League out of only twelve appearances. There is still a long way until Haaland's contract ends, but we will notify you if any new gossip surrounding the player surfaces.