BTTS - No
Over 2.5 Goals
Varnamo to win
The Swedish professional league, also known as the Allsvenskan, is the top division of football in Sweden. The season, because of the climate, runs differently than most European leagues. Allsvenskan usually starts in the last week of March or in the early days of April and runs until November. This preview is about the introduction to the league that has seen some vast improvements over the last few years and had surprising champions.
- 1 The Best Weekly Predictions for Allsvenskan
- 2 Predicting the battle for the Allsvenskan title
- 3 What is to know about the Swedish professional football league?
- 4 What bookmakers provide the offer to bet on Allsvenskan?
- 5 Key Facts and Notes about Allsvenskan
The Best Weekly Predictions for Allsvenskan
With only a month and a half into the season, here are some of the picks for the weekend of action in Sweden:
Goteborg vs Mjallby: BTTS – No
- Three of Goteborg's last five home games have seen someone fail to score
- Each of Mjallby's last five away matches have seen at least one side blank
- Mjallby haven't scored in any of their last three games
Probability of the outcome: 56%
Varberg vs Hacken: Over 2.5 goals
- Varberg have seen 10 goals across their last two home matches
- Hacken have gone over 2.5 goals in three of their last five away games
- Three of the last five head to head games have gone over 2.5 goals
Probability of the outcome: 65%
Sirius vs Varnamo: Varnamo to win
- Sirius have lost each of their last three home games and are winless in six
- Varnamo won their last away game and have won two of their last five on the road
- The last head to head encounter saw Varnamo win
Probability of the outcome: 28%
Predicting the battle for the Allsvenskan title
With only eight rounds of matches played, these are the current odds for the title battle:
Allsvenskan Winner: Malmo
Allsvenskan Winner: Hacken
Allsvenskan Winner: Elfsborg
Malmo has stunningly started the season with seven straight wins and a goal difference of 20-4. The defending champions Hacken had followed suit with a great start of their own. These teams will play against each other next week and Malmo will have the opportunity to make some points advantage at this early stage of the season. There are other teams as well who are vying to take the shot at the title like Elfsborg and Norrkoping. One of the great Swedish clubs AIK Stockholm hasn't had a good start to the season with only one win out of their first seven matches.
This is what the league table looks like at the moment:
Varbergs BoIS FC
What is to know about the Swedish professional football league?
Allsvenskan was established in 1924 and has achieved a rare feat of competition for 97 straight years throughout all of the turmoil the world once faced. Another unique aspect of the Swedish league is how it starts and the way it finishes. Most leagues usually overlap from season to season, based on a calendar year, however, Allsvenskan starts and finishes in the same year.
Courtesy of tough and cold winters, the league aims to start in the spring and finish before the winter begins. The current season began on the first day of April and will end sometime in November or early December depending on how the playoffs will develop. This is the 99th season in the history of the league, and the defending champion is Hacken who last year wrote a new page in its history by winning their maiden title.
There are two new clubs this season, Brommapojkarna and Halmstad were promoted after finishing last season as the two best teams in the Second Division while Varbergs managed to fight off a potential relegation by beating Osters who were a third-placed team in the second rank of Swedish football system.
Allsvenskan is 23rd in the UEFA rankings courtesy of their coefficient status over the past five years meaning that only the champion can play in the Champions League qualifying stage while the league doesn't have a guaranteed participant in the Champions League group stage. The second and third-placed teams are entering the qualifiers for the Europa Conference League, while an additional place is opened for a team that wins the national Cup competition unless that team has already qualified for Europe using their league standings.
The league consists of 16 clubs with the two worst teams being relegated and the third one playing in the relegation playoffs. There are a total of 30 rounds of matches to be played with home and away ties.
The most decorated team is Malmo who won 25 titles followed by IFK Goteborg and IFK Norrkoping who have 13 championship trophies each.
What bookmakers provide the offer to bet on Allsvenskan?
There are plenty of bookmakers who offer to bet on the Swedish league and that includes the outright winner, goals betting, halftime correct score and overall results, goalscorers rating, over/under markets, and plenty of more action for your consideration.
Bet365 has the latest outright specials regarding the potential champions with Malmo taking the lead with their emphatic start to the season.
Make sure to check all the available bookmakers who have Allsvenskan in their offering, and those are Ladbrokes, Stake, Bet365, William Hill, Paddy Power, Betfred, 888Sport, Betfair, betUK, Betway, Midnite, Coral, Victor, SkyBet, and Unibet.
These are the top bettors for Allsvenskan:
If you use Bet365, make sure to take advantage of the bet365 bonus code. On the other hand, if you decide to go with William Hill, don't miss out on the William Hill sign up promo code!
Key Facts and Notes about Allsvenskan
- Who are the current champions? – Hacken won their first title last season
- Which team has the most titles? – Malmo is leading the charts with 25 championship trophies followed by IFK Goteborg and IFK Norrkoping who won it 13 times apiece
- What is the league's system? – There are 30 rounds of matches played from April to November with 16 clubs in the fold
- How many seasons did the Swedish league have until this point? – The league is currently in its 99th season
- Who leads the historic goalscoring charts? – Sven Jonasson scored a record 254 goals in 410 appearances
- What is the biggest stadium in the Swedish league? – Friends Arena in Stockholm occupied by the club AIK has the largest capacity with 54 000 seats
- Which clubs have been promoted for the current season? – Brommapojkarna and Halmstad are the newest mambers of Allsvenskan