This is our selection of top 10 mobile sportsbooks available in the USA* in 2020.
*Depending on your state legislation
Top 10 sportsbooks apps in the USA
All of them are fully legal in at least one state: New Jersey, Indiana, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia
Online sports betting is still relatively new in the US, but bookmakers on the market know-how to appeal to customers. One of the most successful ways to attract new players and keep the existing player base happy is to have a mobile betting app. Almost all bookmakers have a dedicated Android or iOS app, so it can be difficult to know which one is the best. To save you the trouble of doing all the research yourself, we have listed the top 10 best betting apps in the USA.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook
- William Hill
- FOX Bet
- 1 Top 10 sportsbooks apps in the USA
- 2 Our selection of the 3 best apps
- 3 Other apps reviewed
- 3.1 PointsBet: A unique style of betting
- 3.2 SugarHouse Sportsbook: All accounts in one
- 3.3 BetRivers: Detailed selection of North American sports
- 3.4 betMGM: Easily switch between sportsbook and casino accounts
- 3.5 William Hill: An award-winning mobile app
- 3.6 FOX Bet: Easy mobile registration
- 3.7 Unibet: One of the leading online sportsbooks in the world
- 4 What should you look for in a sports betting app?
- 5 How to download the betting apps?
- 6 FAQs about best mobile betting apps
Our selection of the 3 best apps
FanDuel: A popular and easy-to-use interface
FanDuel has an already established presence in the US, as they are among the best fantasy football providers. They have topped their competition when it comes to developing and transitioning to mobile sports betting. FanDuel is definitely among the most favored sports betting apps in states like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. When you look at their app, you will see that they offer a clean and simple app that appeals to everyone. You can easily find games you like, use filters to narrow down the search, and find the best lines available.
The interface is smooth, functional, and you can have a shared wallet with Betfair Casino, a major plus. In New Jersey alone, it is the most downloaded mobile sportsbook app.
DraftKings: Successfully transitioned from fantasy football to sports betting
One of the biggest sportsbook success stories is DraftKings. They have easily transitioned from pure fantasy football to offer marvelous sports betting app. Lines are backed against a white background, so it is very easy to filter by sports and find something you like.
From there, it just takes a few clicks to make a Moneyline bet, over and under, or point spread. Adding multiple bets to betslip is easy and requires you to keep on clicking the games you like.
DraftKings is available in multiple states and is the second most popular mobile betting app in New Jersey.
Access our Draftkings App Review here.
bet365: Biggest selection of sports markets
When it comes to online sports betting, bet365 is by far one of the biggest names in the industry. They are relatively new on the US market, but they have arrived with a plethora of features and sporting markets. In total, there are over 30 markets with incredibly detailed betting lines and types and highly competitive odds.
Their betting app is highly functional and well-optimized for all devices. Live streaming is top-notch and available on their app. In order to view it, you will need to have a funded account or a placed bet in the last 24 hours.
Other apps reviewed
PointsBet: A unique style of betting
The main goal of this sports betting app is to bet on the spread or point totals. It’s a different style of betting that might be right up your alley.
There is a multitude of sports to choose from, but the most popular ones are definitely North American sports like football, basketball, hockey, and baseball. It is a highly rated sports betting app that offers a huge choice of betting options. The platform is detailed and very easy to navigate.
SugarHouse Sportsbook: All accounts in one
SugarHouse Sportsbook offers really good sports betting app with over five million betting options a year. Live betting is one of the key features, and you can enjoy the lowest bonus requirements out of all bookmakers.
Promotions for existing players are plenty and can give customers a huge advantage. Sportsbook is seamlessly integrated with their casino platform, so the app allows to easily switch the platforms as you please. All accounts are in one, so you can place a sports bet and play one of 460 casino games while you wait for the results.
BetRivers: Detailed selection of North American sports
BetRivers is actually a sister company of SugarHouse and offers a rather similar experience. However, their focus is definitely on sports betting and players can choose a multitude of betting lines.
Their focus is on North American sports, so if you’re into football, basketball, college football, baseball or ice hockey, this mobile app is definitely for you.
betMGM: Easily switch between sportsbook and casino accounts
BetMGM offers brand new sports betting app, and it is one of the top rated mobile betting apps on the US market. The platform is smooth and highly functional, with great lines for all sporting markets. Apart from the great variety of North American sports, betMGM also tries to incorporate as many international sports as possible.
You can find a wide range of soccer leagues, Australian rules, cricket, and many more. One of the most advantageous features of the betMGM mobile app is an easy switch between their sportsbook and casino platforms and accounts.
William Hill: An award-winning mobile app
William Hill is one of the biggest names in the online betting industry, and they come with an award-winning mobile app. Users in the US may not have full access to all of the features available to European punters, but it is enough to have a complete betting experience.
The platform is very intuitive and easy to use, giving customers the full range of betting options. It is easy to place live bets and watch live streams. These two sections are connected to give users a more dynamic betting experience. However, due to US laws and regulations, not all streams are available. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.
FOX Bet: Easy mobile registration
FOX Bet not only offers a great mobile app but also an easier registration process if you start using their app from the get-go. Getting the promo code is easy, and all you have to do is click on it when it appears on your device.
The app is very intuitive and gives players access to FOX Bet’s free-to-play contests throughout the US. Live in-play betting is among the best features and comes with live stats, score updates, and visual depictions of each game.
Unibet: One of the leading online sportsbooks in the world
Unibet is one of the leading online sportsbooks in the world, and they offer an excellent mobile app. When you first use the app, it becomes clear that simplicity is their key to success.
The platform is easy to navigate and very responsive to user commands. Streaming is available on Unibet TV as long as you have a funded account. Everything appears to be well-organized, and large fonts used on the platform makes it easy to read. Registering with the app is easy, and players can take advantage of their welcome offer.
What should you look for in a sports betting app?
Since most bookmakers have a dedicated mobile app, it can be very confusing and difficult to choose the best one. When you are looking for a sports betting app, you should always take your needs into consideration first. Pick the bookmaker and the app that gives you the best offer on particular sport that you want to bet on. Having fun is always the safest route to ensuring a good betting experience. However, there are some general guidelines to look out for when choosing a sports betting app. Things to take into consideration are:
- User interface: Functionality and user-friendly platform is a must for any mobile betting app. If you are about to spend your valuable time and money, you should have a platform that is easy to use and will help you navigate through all of the features offered by the bookmaker. A well-organized interface will save you the pain of going through everything just to find what you’re looking for.
- Mobile bonuses: Always choose a mobile app that will not hamper your chances to cash in on the welcome offer. Some bookmakers also offer special bonuses for mobile users, so be on the lookout for these.
- Special features: A good mobile betting app is on par with the desktop version, if not even better. This means you’ll need to pick an app that offers all of the special features like live in-play betting, live streaming, Cash Out, mobile notifications and many more.
- Storage space: All the best mobile apps will take as less storage space as possible on your mobile device. This means they are well-optimized and will give you the best performance. Small storage space is crucial to avoid any lag or big loading times.
- Markets and odds: Some mobile betting apps offer different odds and less sports markets than desktop version. Always pick an app that offers the same or similar amount of markets and same competitive odds, to ensure you get the best value.
- Operating system: Before choosing a bookmaker, make sure they offer the mobile betting app for your operating system.
- Multiple platforms: If you like to take a break from sports betting, you should choose an app that offers a quick transition to online casino. This way you can get the best out of both worlds and play a few rounds of poker or a slot machine while you wait for the match results.
How to download the betting apps?
Most bookmakers offer both Android and iOS mobile apps. The download process is a bit different for both, so follow the steps below.
Mobile app for iOS users:
- Visit the iTunes App Store and type in the name of the mobile app. Alternatively, visit the official website of the bookmaker and search for the iOS button near the bottom of the page.
- The app will automatically download and install on your mobile device.
- If you are new to the bookmaker, simply start the registration process and create a new account.
- Log in to your account and start placing bets.
Mobile app for Android users:
- Go to your mobile device Settings and allow download and installation of apps from third-party sources. This is mandatory as the apps are not available on Google PlayStore due to their policy on gambling.
- Go to the official bookmaker website and search for the Android button near the bottom of the page.
- Tap the download button and wait for the .apk file to be stored on your mobile device.
- Click on the .apk file and press the install button.
- Once everything finishes, create a new account or log in to your existing one.
FAQs about best mobile betting apps
Can I use the app on my tablet?
You can use the app on all of your devices, as long as it has the supported operating system.
Is there an advantage to using mobile betting app?
There are numerous advantages to using a mobile betting app. You can use it to bet on the go, regardless of where you are at the moment. You can use the features like quick login to save the time of having to log in every time you visit the sportsbook. Some apps are better optimized than desktop versions and will give you a much better experience.
Can I use all of the bonuses on mobile?
All of the best mobile betting apps will allow you to use all of the promotions and bonuses on your mobile device. Some bookmakers even offer special mobile bonuses tailored specifically for mobile users.
Are all features available on mobile apps?
Yes. If the mobile betting app is good, it will give you access to all of the features that you can find on desktop version. This includes live in-play betting, live streaming, Cash Out and many more.
Does the app cover all bookmaker platforms?
It depends on the bookmaker. Some offer different apps for their platforms, while some bookmakers like to have one dedicated app for all platforms like sportsbook, casino, poker and even bingo.
What is the difference between an app and mobile site?
An app is a specific piece of software that runs a program. A mobile site is a web page that has been converted to run specifically on mobile devices. While mobile sites can be extremely functional, mobile apps are usually better optimized and less laggy or glitchy.
Why can’t I find any apps on Google PlayStore?
Due to Google’s policy on gambling, they do not allow any gambling apps in their store. You will have to find all Android apps on the official website of the bookmaker. Make sure you allow download and installation from third-party sources on your mobile device.
My mobile app is running slowly. Why is that?
As mobile apps are developing and introducing new features, they may take up more storage space and device memory. If the mobile app is running slowly, it may be due to your older device. However, sometimes it is the fault of the app itself and you should try clearing the cache in the Settings menu. If you keep having issues, feel free to contact the customer service.
Can I use the app while offline?
No. All mobile apps require a strong internet connection to place bets. However, some apps may offer a chance to create a ticket in offline mode and finish placing the bet when you connect to the internet again.
Is mobile betting safe?
Mobile betting apps are fully licensed products, which means they are legal, safe and secure. However, be aware not to use the app when on public networks as there is always a risk of getting your account hacked.
This article is an independent review of the top sportbooks apps available for Android and iOS.