Smarkets is one of the modern betting platforms in the UK, and you can play via their fantastic mobile app. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the Smarkets app and how to download it.
Downloading the Smarkets mobile app on android and iOS
Once the bonus is credited to your account, losses will be refunded up to the bonus amount. You must deposit at least the qualifying deposit of £20 (or currency equivalent) in a single amount with your first deposit to be eligible for the rebate.
Since the mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices, we will explain how you can download it for both operating systems. Let's start with explaining the process for iOS devices. To get it on your iPhone or iPad by following these steps:
- Open the Apple App Store and type “Smarkets” in the search box.
- Download the app from the App Store.
- Open the app and start the registration process or log in if you have an account.
If you have an Android device, then it would be a little tougher to get the Smarkets mobile app if you are trying to download it from outside of the UK or Ireland. If you are in any one of these two countries, you can use Google Play instead of the App Store and repeat the process we described above. Now, for those who are abroad, follow these steps:
- Open your device settings and then go to the Security menu.
- Check the “unknown sources” box.
- Open the Smarkets mobile site and click on the link to download the APK file.
- Find the file in your folders and open it to begin the installation.
- 1 Downloading the Smarkets mobile app on android and iOS
- 2 What Betting options are available on Smarkets?
- 3 What are the Top Mobile App Features Available?
- 4 FAQ
Steps for creating an account on Smarkets
After you download the mobile app, you will need to create an account, if you don't have one already. Here are the steps you need to take to do that:
- Open the Smarkets mobile app and click on the “Join Now” button.
- Fill out the first part of the sign-up form with your account details. Enter BETMAX as your smarkets promo code.
- Choose if you want to get notified of any future bonuses.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the platform.
- Fill out the second part of the registration form with your details.
- Enter your deposit method details in the last part of the form.
What Betting options are available on Smarkets?
Available sports and sporting events
Smarkets offers customers a wide range of betting options (sports) to choose from. You can bet on anything from Football to Sailing. Of course, the variety of sports isn't that large. There are only around twenty sports you can pick, but those sports range from popular to not-so-popular options. Here are some of the less famous sports that Smarkets provides betting on:
- Table Tennis
What is the process of placing a wager on Smarkets?
Placing bets from the Smarkets mobile application is the same as the desktop betting process. Follow these steps:
- Open the mobile app and log in to your account.
- Choose an event and betting market you want to wager on.
- Click on the odds you fancy once you browse the available options.
- On the betslip, enter the stake amount.
- If you want, you can add more selections to your wager.
- Once you are happy with the selection, click on “Buy” to place the wager.
What withdrawal options are accepted?
You can deposit into your account by clicking on your balance and then on the deposit button. After that, you will have to click on the deposit method you want to use. You can choose from the following:
- VISA Debit
- Bank Transfer
The minimum and maximum limits on your account depending on the payment option you choose. You can read more about that in Smarkets' Help Center. From your account, you can also set deposit limits per day, week, or month if that is something you want. No transactions related to Smarkets should result in fees, no matter if we are talking about deposits or withdrawals.
What are the Top Mobile App Features Available?
Trade Out Feature
Trade out is also another name for the cash-out feature you probably heard of bookmakers using. It allows you to cut your losses or protect your profit in both pre-game and in-play contracts. You can use this feature when there is enough volume on the market, your exposure is anything but £0, and you have matched wagers on a contract. Remember that not all trade-out requests are successful, and that might be because the price has changed or because there is a lack of liquidity in the market.
Keep Bets In-Play
This feature is designed to help your bets get matched. Once the match starts “Keep bets in-play” will hold your wagers open, and if you are lucky someone will match them in-play. Usually, the markets are canceled when the match goes live. But with the help of this feature, you can keep them open, and you won't have to place the wager again once the market goes live.
Two-click betting isn't a feature distinctive for the mobile app only, and if you previously wagered on the desktop site, you are probably familiar with it. The feature gives you the option to place your bets quickly without navigating through the different sections on the mobile platform.
Is the Mobile App Ergonomic, and is it Better than the Desktop Site?
The Smarkets mobile app is modern and elegant. You have the option to use a dark or light theme, which is great for people with sensitive eyes. The application is efficient and easy-to-navigate, and even if this is your first time on a betting exchange, you won't have trouble finding out what to do next. The platform is user and mobile-friendly, and all the menus are placed in easy-to-find places.
Final Conclusion Regarding the Smarkets Mobile Application
Smarkets has an excellent platform, and its mobile app is also in the same league. If you like to move around and not stay in front of a PC, then the Smarkets application is what you need. It offers everything a user would need to place bets, and it gives you plenty of options in the payment department.
Not convinced to use Smarkets as your mobile betting option, check out our review of the top betting apps available in the UK.