WELCOME to your daily club-by-club round-up of Premier Football gossip based on our unique Football Whispers Index – don’t forget the hottest Whispers are those closest to 5.0…
- With negotiations for Valencia’s Shkodran Mustafi (3.9) stuck in slow motion, France Football are reporting that Arsenal want a quick deal for AS Monaco’s versatile defender Marcel Tisserand. (FW Index 4.8)
- Fenerbahçe defender Simon Kjaer is also still on Arsene Wenger's radar, as he looks to ease his defensive injury crisis. (4.0)
- The Gunners still want a new striker too, and Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette remains top of the Emirates wish list. (4.4)
- Boss Eddie Howe has admitted today in his press conference ahead of Sunday's trip to West Ham that he is ‘99% there' in terms of incomings.
- Defender Marc Wilson could be in line for his Bournemouth debut having signed from Stoke City this week – Howe said the Republic of Ireland international already shown his ‘leadership qualities' on the training field.
- Two of Howe's summer signings – Jordon Ibe and Lewis Cook – featured in the Cherries' 3-1 opening weekend loss to Manchester United.
- Burnley could be about to make a move for 24-year-old Derby County midfielder Jeff Hendrick. (1.5)
- Nottingham Forest’s Scottish teenager Oliver Burke has also found his way on Burnley manager Sean Dyche’s radar. (1.1)
- But Newcastle United’s Welsh full-back Paul Dummett has now dropped of the Claret's Index chart.
- Chelsea have apparently stepped up their efforts to sign Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, with talk of a club record £60 million bid being lodged for the Senegal international. (4.7)
- Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu is being linked with a move to Serie A amid interest from Torino. (4.6)
- Teenage Santos midfielder Thiago Maia has reached the Olympic Football Final after Brazil crushed Honduras 6-0 at the Maracana – Napoli are also interested. (3.2)
- Crystal Palace continue to pursue Christian Benteke, although Liverpool’s refusal to budge on their £30 million asking price could see the Eagles consider alternative options (3.2)
- Palace’s 30-year-old attacking midfielder Jason Puncheon is wanted by Championship side Fulham. (1.9)
- Alan Pardew is considering a move for Manchester United’s former England international winger Ashley Young. (2.1)
- Chelsea haven’t given up hope of luring Romelu Lukaku back to Stamford Bridge. The player may well want the move, but Everton do not want to sell (2.9)
- The Toffees are set to battle Crystal Palace over the signing of exciting Lyon winger Rachid Ghezzal. (3.4)
- Joe Hart is believed to have told his Manchester City team-mates that he is not prepared to be second choice at the Etihad, the noises are that he would be more than welcome at Goodison Park. (2.6)
- Hull City are tracking Lorient’s 32-cap Cameroon international Benjamin Moukandjo for a £9 million deal. (3.0)
- £2.5 million Legia Warsaw striker Nemanja Nikolic is another forward on the Tigers’ radar. (2.4)
- While bucking the seemingly one-way door at Everton, winger Oumar Niasse is being touted for a loan move to the KCOM. (1.5)
- Arsenal's pursuit of Riyad Mahrez has been killed off by the Algerian winger signing a new contract until 2020 with the Premier League holders.
- Also in line for improved terms with the champions is Tottenham Hotspur target Danny Drinkwater. (2.8)
- Jeffrey Schlupp could be forced to hand in a transfer request to force through his move to West Bromwich Albion. (3.8)
- Could Real Madrid full-back Fabio Coentrão be the ideal upgrade on Alberto Moreno for the Reds? (2.4)
- Experienced Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva, 29, could be set for a move to the San Siro to join AC Milan. (1.9)
- Super Mario Balotelli has been writing the headlines once again after Wolves emerged as a shock potential destination for the Reds' outcast. (2.3)
- Claudio Bravo is rumoured to be on the verge of completing a €20 million move to Manchester City from Barcelona. The 33-year-old stopper saved a penalty for Barça against Sevilla last night. (3.3)
- Bravo coming in means Joe Hart is on his way out of the Etihad. Everton would love to give him a home. (2.6)
- Out of favour striker Wilfried Bony is still an outside shot for the Gunners – but they would prefer to land Alexandre Lacazette. (1.4)
- José Mourinho has identified Southampton captain José Fonte as the ideal man to add experience to his defence. (3.7)
- Brazilian right-back Fabinho could add dynamism and attacking power to the Manchester United back line. The Red Devils are reportedly set to launch a €30 million offer for the Monaco man. (2.8)
- There’s no doubt Mourinho would love to work with Raphaël Varane again after their time together at Real Madrid, but Los Blancos are unlikely to sell. (1.8)
- Aitor Karanka is hoping to persuade Sunderland's experienced defender Younes Kaboul, 30, to remain in the North East. (1.3)
- Alternatively, another North East deal could involve Hull City's Harry Maguire – although the Tigers can scarcely afford to lose any of their stretched squad.
- Mustapha Carayol has been given the blessing of the Riverside board to find a new club – Derby could be his destination. (1.1)
- Saints’ skipper José Fonte continues to be linked with Manchester United, although manager Claude Puel has played down reports. (3.7)
- The sharpest spike in the FW Index today has come for Jordy Clasie after Galatasaray formally launched their bid for the Dutch midfielder. (4.6)
- Welsh winger Lloyd Isgrove could be on his way to Barnsley in search of regular first-team football. (2.2)
- Dundee United’s 17-year-old prodigy Harry Souttar appears to have dropped off Stoke City’s transfer wish list today.
- Colombian side Jaguares de Córdoba’s have been approached for 31-year-old full-back Campo Elías Santacruz. (2.2)
- The flames for West Brom’s Saido Berahino are in their dying embers but could reignite for the end of the window. (1.1)
- Whisper To Watch Britt Assombalonga could be in line for a move from Nottingham Forest to Sunderland. (2.1)
- Aston Villa defender Joleon Lescott is a surprise Sunderland Whisper. The 34-year-old, who worked with Black Cats boss David Moyes at Everton, would surely love a return to the Premier League this season. (1.1)
- Sunderland’s 28-year-old Italian goalkeeper Vito Mannone is wanted by Queens Park Rangers. (1.4)
- Ecuador Jefferson Montero could be set to leave Swansea City after two seasons, with Sunderland keen on the livewire winger. (1.2)
- Boss Francesco Guidolin confirmed today that new signing Borja Baston will not make his debut against Hull this weekend due to a thigh injury.
- New Inter Milan boss Frank de Boer wants to take Jan Vertonghen to the San Siro. (3.9)
- The Georges-Kévin N’Koudou saga rumbles on, with the young Marseille player stuck in limbo as he waits for the two clubs to reach a breakthrough in negotiations. (3.4)
- Leicester City’s Danny Drinkwater is wanted by Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino. (2.8)
- La Gazetta dello Sport are saying that a £12.9 million fee has been agreed for the transfer of Roberto Pereyra from Italian champions Juventus. (4.5)
- Walter Mazzarri is still keen to take Brazilian midfielder Kenedy from Chelsea, but this Whisper has cooled. (1.5)
- Moroccan forward Nordin Amrabat played the full 90 minutes of Saturday's 1-1 draw at Southampton but may be on his way to Spain to join Granada. (1.1)
West Bromwich Albion
- The Baggies are going to have to put in the hard yards to force Leicester City’s hand over the sale of speedy winger Jeffrey Schlupp. (3.8)
- Congolese Dieudonne Mbokani is another striking option for Tony Pulis from Norwich City. (2.0)
- Arsenal continue to track West Bromwich Albion’s former Manchester United defender Jonny Evans. (3.3)
- Shanghai SIPG’s powerful Brazilian striker Hulk has emerged as a shock target for West Ham United. The former Porto man only moved to China in June, making this one seem rather unlikely. (1.4)
- A more likely South American arrivals for the Hammers is Colombian striker Carlos Bacca from AC Milan, but this Whisper is also fading. (1.7)
- Meanwhile West Ham’s Spanish defender Pedro Obiang is wanted in Serie A by Fiorentina. (1.4)