Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 07/05/2023

Port Vale
07/05/23 - 12:00

Finished

1

-

3

gb

Port Vale - Plymouth

England League 1 - Vale Park

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Essential Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle Predictions

The clash on the 7th of May between Port Vale and frontrunners Plymouth Argyle will answer plenty of questions. Stay tuned to get the full scoop on our Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle betting tips and our best football tips for today.

Plymouth Argyle to Win

Understandably, the primary Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle prediction this week is entirely in favor of the visitors. The home-field support at Vale Park will amount to nothing when the Pilgrims come to take what’s theirs.

Despite already booking their promotion tickets, coach Steven Schumacher’s boys can’t let their foot off the gas. The big objective now is League One’s trophy. Ipswich Town rank 2nd but with one point separating these two, Plymouth Argyle will not underestimate Port Vale.

Coach Steven Schumacher’s boys will have a curse to lift as Port Vale are considered somewhat of a nightmare for the Pilgrims. The last time Plymouth Argyle won a game against this opponent was on the 21st of February, 2004. However, we feel the time is right and the Pilgrims have the three points up for grabs.

Under 2.5 Goals

Our second Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle prediction might seem like a contradiction to the Pilgrims’ outstanding run but hear us out. Four of their last six fixtures ended with under 2.5 goals. The only two games that didn’t were the 1-2 win over Shrewsbury on the 18th of April (which barely reached the three-goal margin) and the 3-1 home win over Cambridge United.

Even the lackluster Brewers were fending off Plymouth Argyle’s attacks quite well last week when the result after 90 minutes of football was a narrow 1-0 in favor of the Pilgrims.

Exclusive Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle Head-to-Head Statistics and Betting Odds

It goes without saying that the Pilgrims are the favorites. However, you should check out these fantastic Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle odds for yourselves.

Head to Head

02/12/22

England League 1 League 1

gb

Plymouth

Port Vale

Port Vale

0

2

14/09/19

England League 2 England

Port Vale

Port Vale

gb

Plymouth

1

0

Last Five - Port Vale

27/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Cambridge Utd

Cambridge Utd

Port Vale

Port Vale

0

0

D

20/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Bolton

Bolton

Port Vale

Port Vale

2

0

L

19/04/24

England League 2 England

Stoke

Stoke

Port Vale

Port Vale

0

0

D

17/04/24

Italy Serie A Serie A

Stoke

Stoke

Port Vale

Port Vale

0

0

D

16/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Wycombe

Wycombe

Port Vale

Port Vale

2

1

L

Port Vale odds: 16/5 (4.20) – 19.0%

Draw odds: 59/20 (3.95) – 24.0%

Plymouth Argyle odds: 18/25 (1.72) – 57.0%

As you see from the odds above, Plymouth Argyle, of course, are the bookies’ expected winners with a massive 57.0% win probability ahead of Sunday’s brawl. A draw has a 24.0% likelihood while Port Vale barely scraped together a 19.0% shot at the three points.

Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle Lineups & Team News

Port Vale

With only one win in the last five league games, it’s hard to make a case for the Valiants, as you saw in our Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle predictions. Coach Andry Crosby, the caretaker manager in charge of Port Vale, was undoubtedly displeased with his boys last week when they got pipped 3-2 by the Addicks at the Valley.

Predicted lineup – Stone (GK), Smith, Donnelly, Forrester, Pett, Ojo, Benning, Worrall, Proctor, Massey & Butterworth

Plymouth Argyle

Only three points away from the League One title, coach Steven Schumacher’s boys are raring to go on Sunday. Plymouth Argyle have acquired the sensational 98 points but with Sheffield Wednesday breathing down their necks on 2nd place with 97 points, the Pilgrims will have to be at their lethal best on the 7th of May if they want to be crowned as League One champs.

Predicted lineup – Burton (GK), Wilson, Scarr, Gillesphey, Edwards, Randell, Butcher, Mumba, Mayor, Wright & Ennis

Starting Lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Niall Ennis

If coach Steven Schumacher wants his poor 0-0-1 record over the Valiants to get improved, he should bet on Niall Ennis. The latter was among the starters last week when Plymouth Argyle collided with Burton Albion. And what a performance from Ennis we saw!

The 23-year-old English striker proved his worth on the stroke of halftime when he received a wonderful through ball which he immediately turned into a goal. With 11 goals to his name in the 2022/23 League One campaign, Niall Ennis is the 2nd-most productive finisher and coach Steven Schumacher’s disposal.

Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle Predictions, Questions, and Answers

Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle Prediction

  • Which team is at the top of the table? – Plymouth Argyle. The Pilgrims won 98 points and are only a win away from the title.
  • How many victories did Port Vale get in their last five league games? – The Valiants won only one of their last five league brawls.
  • What’s the venue for Port Vale vs Plymouth Argyle? – This game will be held at Vale Park.
  • Who do the bookies pick as favorites? – Understandably, Ladbrokes and Stake believe the Pilgrims will get an effortless win at Vale Park.

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.