18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
West Ham United were resilient in their 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Wednesday night and the Hammers will head to Stoke this weekend full of confidence after claiming four points from games against the Gunners and Chelsea.
David Moyes appears to have steadied the Hammers' leaky defence, so sorting out his strike-force will be the next item on his to-do list. While recent results are impressive, West Ham will need more than gritty 0-0 draws if they are to stave off the threat of relegation this season.
West Ham Team News:
- Sam Byram doubtful (thigh)
- José Fonte out (ankle)
- Edimilson Fernandes out (ankle)
- Cheikhou Kouyaté doubtful (hamstring)
- Winston Reid suspended.
West Ham’s Recent Form:
- West Ham 0-0 Arsenal
- West Ham 1-0 Chelsea
- Manchester City 2-1 West Ham
- Everton 4-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-1 Leicester City
- Watford 2-0 West Ham
West Ham Key Stats:
- Stoke have never lost to West Ham while managed by Mark Hughes.
- Hughes has beaten Moyes on each of the last two occasions the pair have met in the Premier League.
- Chicharito has netted five times against Stoke, his most fruitful opposition after West Brom (6).
Our unique algorithm has predicted the West Ham side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.