Tottenham Hotspur welcome APOEL Nicosia to Wembley Stadium on Wednesday night (7:45 pm) as they look to finish off their Champions League group stage campaign in positive fashion.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have already won Group H thanks to wins over Borussia Dortmund and a stunning home victory over reigning European champions Real Madrid, surprising many spectators in the process.
With nothing but pride on the line, Tottenham will look to use the clash with APOEL as a way to rebuild confidence after a poor run of form domestically that has seen them slide out of the Premier League’s top four to sixth in the table.
TOTTENHAM TEAM NEWS
- Victor Wanyama and Toby Alderweireld are out through injury
- Erik Lamela is not registered for the Champions League
- Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris and Christian Eriksen may be rested
TOTTENHAM RECENT FORM
- Watford 1-1 Tottenham
- Leicester City 2-1 Tottenham
- Tottenham 1-1 West Bromwich Albion
- Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Tottenham (Champions League)
- Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham
- Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace
TOTTENHAM KEY STATS
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals than Harry Kane’s six this term
- Only five players in the competition have so far averaged more key passes per game than Eriksen’s 2.8
- Only four teams have scored more goals from open play in the Champions League this season than Spurs’ nine
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Tottenham side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the 11 players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.