Currently 11th in the top flight, the Saints have taken 18 points from 17 games this season. Chelsea, meanwhile, are in third place after claiming 35 points from their 17 matches.
SOUTHAMPTON RECENT FORM:
- Southampton 1-4 Newcastle
- Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
- Bournemouth 1-1 Southampton
- Manchester City 2-1 Southampton
- Southampton 4-1 Everton
- Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
SOUTHAMPTON KEY STATS:
- Charlie Austin has scored eight goals in his last 12 Premier League starts for Southampton, including four in his last four matches.
- Southampton have kept one clean sheet in their last 24 PL meetings with Chelsea, a goalless draw on Boxing Day 2002 with Antti Niemi in goal.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Southampton side it believes will start the game.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.