18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Newcastle United are stuck in a bit of a rut, and they will need to find a win from somewhere if they're going to arrest their slide down the league table, after their impressive start to the season.
The Magpies have taken just one point from the last 18 available, in a run of form that puts them among the worst in the league over the same stretch. With takeover talk rumbling on above their heads, they'll need to refocus on footballing progress if they are to break themselves out of their bad spell, and the visit of Leicester City this weekend will form the latest opportunity.
Newcastle Team News:
- Jamaal Lascelles doubtful (ankle)
- Christian Atsu doubtful (thigh muscle)
- Paul Dummett doubtful (hamstring)
Newcastle Recent Form:
- Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle
- West Brom 2-2 Newcastle
- Newcastle 0-3 Watford
- Man United 4-1 Newcastle
- Newcastle 0-1 Bournemouth
- Burnley 1-0 Newcastle
Newcastle Key Stats:
- It was on his most recent visit to St James' that Jamie Vardy equalled Ruud van Nistelrooy's record of scoring in ten consecutive games.
- Newcastle lost that game 3-0, in what was only their second home league defeat to the Foxes in 17 games.
- Rafa Benítez has never lost three home Premier League fixtures on the bounce.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Newcastle side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.