The Red Devils slipped 11 points behind their cross-city rivals thanks to Sunday's 2-1 loss to Pep Guardiola's men, leaving them well adrift in the title race.
A home fixture against 14th-placed Bournemouth presents United with the perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways, though.
MAN UNITED TEAM NEWS:
- Marcos Rojo – minor doubt (head injury)
- Eric Bailly – minor doubt (thigh)
- Marouane Fellaini – major doubt (knee)
- Michael Carrick – out (heart)
- Paul Pogba – out (suspended)
MAN UNITED’S RECENT FORM:
- Basel 1-0 Man Utd (Champions League)
- Man Utd 1-0 Brighton
- Watford 2-4 Man Utd
- Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd
- Man Utd 2-1 CSKA (Champions League)
- Man Utd 1-2 Man City
MAN UNITED KEY STATS
- United's loss to City in the derby ended a run of 40 games unbeaten at the Theatre of Dreams
- This will only be the fifth time United and Bournemouth have ever met in a league fixture – the Red Devils have won three, lost one and drawn one
- Last time the two sides met, a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in March, United had 20 shots to the visitors' three
Our unique algorithm has predicted the United side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the XI players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press ‘confirm’ and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.