Liverpool will look to get back to winning ways as they welcome West Bromwich Albion to Anfield on Wednesday evening, kick-off is scheduled for 8pm. The match will not be televised live in the UK. The Reds are unbeaten in ten but are coming off a disappointing result in the Merseyside derby.
Failure to pick up maximum points against a team in the lower half of the league for a second consecutive match would put a serious dent in their hopes of finishing in a Champions League place.
Jürgen Klopp's team dominated for the entire 90 minutes but Everton left Anfield with a point in what could only be described as a smash-and-grab result. The Reds failed to capitalise on the opportunity to move up to third in the Premier League.
Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho should be restored to the starting line-up after being left on the bench for the Merseyside derby. Dominic Solanke and Sadio Mané may make way for the Brazilian duo.
Both Emre Can and Gini Wijnaldum should return in midfield as Klopp looks to keep his players fresh over a busy festive period.
LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS:
- Joël Matip (thigh)
- Alberto Moreno (ankle)
LIVERPOOL'S RECENT FORM:
- Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool (Champions League)
- Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
- Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool
- Brighton & Hove Albion 1-5 Liverpool
- Liverpool 7-0 Spartak Moscow (Champions League)
- Liverpool 1-1 Everton
LIVERPOOL’S KEY STATS:
- If Mohamed Salah scores on Wednesday he becomes the fastest Liverpool player to reach 20 goals for 118 years.
- The Reds have scored in their last 12 matches in all competitions. The last time they failed to hit the back of the net was their goalless draw with Manchester United back in October.
- Salah is currently involved in a goal every 74 minutes when playing in the Premier League while Philippe Coutinho has a goal involvement every 84 minutes.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Liverpool side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the XI players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.