Chris Hughton‘s Brighton and Hove Albion have broken into the top half of the Premier League table, and the Seagulls boss will be delighted with how his side have adjusted to the top flight following promotion.
Hosting Liverpool on Saturday, though, will prove a significant challenge, with the Merseyside team confident and in a run of form.
The Seagulls drew 0-0 at home against fierce rivals Crystal Palace on Tuesday night and currently sit in tenth in the table having taken 17 points from 14 games.
Jürgen Klopp's Liverpool, meanwhile, are in fifth place and are vying for a Champions League spot have claimed 26 points from their opening 14 top flight matches.
BRIGHTON TEAM NEWS:
- Steve Sidwell out (back)
BRIGHTON’S RECENT FORM:
- Brighton 0-0 Crystal Palace
- Manchester United 1-0 Brighton
- Brighton 2-2 Stoke City
- Swansea 0-1 Brighton
- Brighton 1-1 Southampton
- West Ham 0-3 Brighton
BRIGHTON KEY STATS
- Shane Duffy wins 4.35 aerial duels per 90 minutes. Only two players with over 600 minutes of action to their name this season, Liverpool transfer target Virgil van Dijk (6.1) and Simon Francis (5.1), average more.
- Summer signing Pascal Groß has been involved in 0.61 goals per 90 minutes this season in the league.
- Of the three promoted clubs this season it’s Brighton who have conceded the fewest number of goals (14) at a rate of one goal per game.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Seagulls side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the XI players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.