The Red Devils were not at their ruthless best against the Cherries, but the main positive was £75million striker Romelu Lukaku finding the net after facing heavy criticism for his derby display.
Now 11 points behind their neighbours at the top of the table, United will aim to keep pressure on Pep Guardiola's side with a win when they travel to the Hawthorns to take on West Bromwich Albion on Sunday afternoon (2:15pm kick-off).
MAN UNITED TEAM NEWS:
- Marcos Rojo – minor doubt (head injury)
- Eric Bailly – out (groin)
- Marouane Fellaini – major doubt (knee)
- Michael Carrick – out (heart)
- Paul Pogba – out (suspended)
MAN UNITED’S RECENT FORM:
- Man Utd 1-0 Brighton
- Watford 2-4 Man Utd
- Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd
- Man Utd 2-1 CSKA (Champions League)
- Man Utd 1-2 Man City
- Man Utd 1-0 Bournemouth
MAN UNITED KEY STATS
- Of the teams currently in the Premier League's top six, only Burnley (10.1) average fewer shots per game than United (13.4)
- Likewise, only Burnley (16.4) allow more shots against them per game than United (12.4)
- Only Watford (12.4) and Everton (12.9) commit more fouls per game than United (12) in the Premier League
Our unique algorithm has predicted the United side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the XI players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press ‘confirm’ and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.