Burnley travel to Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday and will be looking to continue their recent run of form, having picked up nine points from their last four games. Their opponents, meanwhile, sit in 13th and will be looking to end their three-game losing streak.
In fact, a win at the Amex Stadium in two days time could take them to the lofty heights of fourth, should Spurs and Liverpool fail to bag their three points. Crucially, with Spurs having to take on run away leaders Manchester City on Sunday, the prospect is looking all the more possible.
Burnley Team News:
- Stephen Ward (late fitness test)
- Robbie Brady out (knee)
- Tom Heaton out (dislocated shoulder),
- Jonathan Walters out (knee)
- Dean Marney out (fitness)
- Burnley 1 – 0 Stoke City
- Burnley 1 – 0 Watford
- Leicester City 1 – 0 Burnley
- Bournemouth 1 – 2 Burnley
- Burnley 0 – 1 Arsenal
- Burnley have won six of their last eight Premier League matches.
- Brighton are unbeaten in six league matches against Burnley.
- Brighton could lose four consecutive league matches for the first time since December 2011.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Burnley side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game. You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.