Northampton vs Gillingham Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 10/04/2023

Northampton
10/04/23 - 15:00

Finished

2

-

1

Gillingham

Northampton - Gillingham

England League 2 - Sixfields Stadium

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Northampton vs Gillingham Predictions for the English Football League Two

The Northampton vs Gillingham showdown on the 10th of April will be the discussed topic in this article. If you enjoy what you read, make sure to give our remaining League Two predictions a glimpse before you make a betting decision.

BTTS – No

The first thing you should know about our Northampton vs Gillingham predictions is that they are largely based on the Gills’ attacking inadequacy. Gillingham have the absolute worst attacking record this season as they’ve barely bagged 27 goals in 39 matches!

Gillingham’s top finisher this season is Tom Nichols who scored on only four occasions. And if that’s not a sad tally, we don’t know what is.

Furthermore, Northampton have the 3rd-best defensive line in the business this season. Coach Jon Brady’s company barely conceded 34 goals this season. The only teams who are doing better are frontrunners Leyton Orient and Stockport County.

Northampton to Win

Seeing as Northampton are the expected winners, according to the bookies, we also couldn’t look past their superiority. Everything about Northampton screams winner. The team is in 2nd place in the English Football League Two, and while there are only a couple more matches until the end of the season, we’re firm believers that Jon Brady’s boys will go all-out in a dire attack for the title.

The home team has a complete advantage in the head-to-head department as the last six games ended with three victories for them, two draws, and only one win for the Gills, and that’s a tremendous foundation stone for our Northampton vs Gillingham prediction.

Essential Northampton vs Gillingham Odds & H2H Statistics

Let’s review the most interesting Northampton vs Gillingham head-to-head statistics and betting odds out there.

Head to Head

12/11/22

England League 2 England

Gillingham

Gillingham

Northampton

Northampton

0

2

24/04/21

England League 1 League 1

Gillingham

Gillingham

Northampton

Northampton

2

2

29/12/20

England League 1 League 1

Northampton

Northampton

Gillingham

Gillingham

3

1

13/02/18

England League 1 League 1

Northampton

Northampton

Gillingham

Gillingham

1

2

21/10/17

England League 1 League 1

Gillingham

Gillingham

Northampton

Northampton

1

2

Last Five - Northampton

27/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Barnsley

Barnsley

Northampton

Northampton

1

1

D

20/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Exeter

Exeter

Northampton

Northampton

2

1

L

13/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Fleetwood Town

Fleetwood Town

Northampton

Northampton

2

0

L

06/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Carlisle

Carlisle

Northampton

Northampton

0

2

W

01/04/24

England League 1 League 1

Port Vale

Port Vale

Northampton

Northampton

0

2

W

Last Five - Gillingham

27/04/24

England League 2 England

Doncaster

Doncaster

Gillingham

Gillingham

2

2

D

20/04/24

England League 2 England

Mansfield

Mansfield

Gillingham

Gillingham

2

1

L

13/04/24

England League 2 England

Barrow

Barrow

Gillingham

Gillingham

0

3

W

06/04/24

England League 2 England

Bradford

Bradford

Gillingham

Gillingham

1

0

L

01/04/24

England League 2 England

Harrogate Town

Harrogate Town

Gillingham

Gillingham

5

1

L

Northampton odds: 49/50 (1.98) – 51.0%

Draw odds: 21/10 (3.10) – 31.0%

Gillingham odds: 16/5 (4.20) – 18.0%

Northampton are the expected winners with a massive 51.0% win probability for Monday’s clash. Which compared to Gillingham’s 18% is quite impressive. A draw is valued at 21/10 (3.10) and that’s an outcome with a serious 31.0% likelihood so we shouldn’t disregard it too hastily.

Northampton vs Gillingham Lineups & Team News

Northampton

One thing we can pinpoint in Northampton’s 2022/23 English Football League Two performance is that their defensive work is quite sturdy. The watertight defensive line barely allowed the opponents to score 34 goals in 38 matches and that’s something we noted in our Northampton vs Gillingham predictions. If the visitors want to put a dent in Northampton’s title ambitions, they’ll have to give a performance of a lifetime on Monday.

Predicted lineup – Burge (GK), Haynes, Guthrie, McGowan, Lintott, Bowie, Sowerby, Leonard, Pinnock, Appere & Hoskins

Gillingham

A late 94th-minute Robbie Gotts goal turned one point into three for Barlow on the 1st of April. Even though Gillingham’s players felt this was a joke, football can be cruel sometimes. More frequently towards teams who aren’t paying enough attention in the last minutes of the game. And the Gills are certainly a team lacking consistency these days.

Predicted lineup – Morris (GK), Masterson, McKenzie, Ehmer, Alexander, MacDonald, Dieng, Williams, O’Brien, Nichols & Abrahams

Starting Lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off

Player to Watch: Sam Hoskins

Northampton’s goalscorer-in-chief has done wonders for his team this season. Coach Jon Brady is no fool, as long as Hoskins is fit and ready for action, he’ll be on the pitch supplying his famous lung-bursting runs down the right.

With 20 goals and six assists to his name in the 2022/23 campaign, Hoskins, 30, is not only Northampton’s top scorer this season but also the 2nd-best in the English Football League Two. The only player to actually outscore him this season is Bradford City’s Andy Cook with 23 goals.

League Two Standings

FAQs About Our Northampton vs Gillingham Predictions:

Northampton vs Gillingham Prediction

  • What’s the venue? – The Northampton vs Gillingham match will be played at Sixfield Stadium.
  • What’s coach Jon Brady’s record against the Gills? – Northampton’s Aussie manager has a 2-2-0 record against Gillingham.
  • Whom do the bookies favor? – They predict an effortless win for Northampton.
  • When did the Gills last defeat Northampton? – Gillingham last got the full set of points over Northampton on the 13th of February, 2018.
  • Which has been the superior side in this matchup? In 13 meetings between Northampton and Gillingham FC, Northampton recorded 4 wins while Gillingham had 6 defeats. There were a total of 3 defeats in that period.
  • How do the head coaches of these teams compare against each other? Northampton head coach, Jon Brady won the only previous encounter he had with Gillingham head coach, Neil Harris.
  • How has the visiting coach performed so far since he took over?  Neil Harris has so far recorded an average of 1.28 points per match after 23 wins, 19 draws and 27 losses. He previously coached Cardiff City where he averaged a total of 24 points, 17 draws and 21 losses.
  • What is the away record of Gillingham ahead of this clash with Northampton? Gillingham is currently the second-worst team on the road. The visitors have 2 wins, 7 draws and 11 defeats in 10 away matches. Moreover, they have scored 11 and conceded 25 goals in the away matches, bagging 13 points in the process.
  • What is the home ranking for Northampton? They are currently the 5th-best home team. Northampton has 10 wins, 6 draws and 4 losses in 20 home matches.

Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.