Marseille vs Brighton prediction, odds and betting tips 05/10/2023
* Betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change
Marseille and Brighton clash at the Stade Orange Vélodrome in a Europa League clash on Thursday, October 5th. Can Albion overcome a sticky patch to pick up their first points in Group B? Read our Europa League predictions and betting tips along with the latest odds for the fixture below in our detailed match preview.
Today's Predictions for Marseille vs Brighton
Brighton head to France in search of their first points in Europa League Group B when they visit Marseille on Thursday. Read our top Marseille vs Brighton predictions for this week’s fixture below.
Marseille or Draw
- Brighton have lost three of their last four games in all competitions.
- Brighton were beaten 3-2 at home by AEK Athens in their first Group B outing.
- Thursday’s game will be new Marseille coach Gennaro Gattuso’s first home game in charge.
- Marseille have lost just two of their last seven games.
Over 2.5 Goals
- Five goals hit the net in Gattuso’s first game in charge away at Monaco at the weekend.
- Eight of Brighton’s last nine competitive matches have produced over 2.5 goals.
- 100% of Marseille’s last three fixtures have featured at least three goals.
- At least five goals hit the net in each of Marseille and Brighton’s first runouts in the group against Ajax and AEK Athens respectively.
Top Betting Odds and Stats for Marseille vs Brighton
View our series of key stats for Thursday’s clash featuring Marseille vs Brighton below alongside a tool to help you choose the juiciest odds.
Let's take a closer look at the latest markets, Marseille – Brighton odds and probability figures ahead of Thursday’s match below.
Marseille odds: 37/20 (2.85) – 35.1%
Draw odds: 47/20 (3.35) – 29.9%
Brighton odds: 67/50 (2.34) – 42.7%
Premier League side Brighton have been made this week’s expected winners the probability of an away victory currently lodged at 42.7% at present. If you think a tight clash is on the cards, then a bet on both teams not to score might tickle your fancy at 4/9 (1.44), an outcome that has an implied probability of 69.2%. Elsewhere, backing the visitors to score first looks like a price with merit at 17/20 (1.85).
Marseille vs Brighton Team News & Injuries
Read all of the latest injury updates, Marseille vs Brighton lineups and team news for Thursday’s Europa League qualifiers basement battle below. If you’re looking for more of the best football betting tips today, make sure to follow the link.
Geoffrey Kondogbia is out injured at present, though Marseille have few personnel issues elsewhere. Papa Gueye and Renan Lodi are suspended domestically, though both players will be available for selection on Thursday.
Predicted Lineup for Marseille: Lopez – Clauss, Gigot, Mbemba, Murillo – Ounahi, Rongier, Veretout – Ndiaye, Correa, Aubameyang
Brighton will be missing Julio Enciso, James Milner and Pascal Groß this week. Jakub Moder is on the road back from a long-term knee injury, though Thursday's game might come too soon for the midfielder.
Predicted Lineup for Brighton: Steele – Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Estupinan – Dahoud, Gilmour, March, Welbeck, Mitoma – Ferguson
Player to Watch – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang spent a good chunk of his career in England, so the experienced campaigner should be able to use his knowhow against Brighton on Thursday. The 34-year-old netted a brace in Marseille’s last Group B match against Ajax.
Official lineups are usually released approximately one hour before kick-off.