It all started so well.
Six victories in their opening six matches left everyone in no doubt — Pep Guardiola's Manchester City were going to run away with the league.
However, since Tottenham stopped them in their tracks at White Hart Lane back in October, City's form has been a little more inconsistent, including draws at home with Everton and Middlesbrough, as well as a heavy defeat at the hands of Leicester City at the King Power.
With the top six all looking strong even achieving a top four berth is no guarantee for the Citizens, so who could Pep invest in during this window to ensure they secure a place at Europe's top table? Ric Turner from BlueMoon-MCFC let's us know.
Please note that this interview was conducted before the January transfer window opened.
Thoughts on Summer Activity:
I was pretty pleased with the signings we made in the summer. They brought the average age of the squad down, and gave us more attacking options with [Leory] Sane and Nolito (and Gabriel Jesus still to come). John Stones has the potential to be our centre-half for the next decade, and Ilkay Gundogan was an established German international so £20million was a good price. His recent injury is a major blow.
Area that Needs Improvement:
Our defence is in drastic need of a shake-up. All four of our full backs are aged over thirty, whilst we only have two fit, recognised centre halves.
Leonardo Bonucci would add some much needed steel in defence. Unfortunately, that one is now dead.
Aymeric Laporte turned us down in the summer, in favour of signing a contract extension at Athletic Bilbao, but I think we might not have heard the end of that yet.
Prediction for Rest of 2016-17:
I think we face a battle to finish in the top four this year. It was always going to be a transitional season as [Pep] Guardiola imposes a new playing style on the team, and the league is more competitive than ever. There is a clear strategy in place though, so I'm greatly optimistic about the future.
- Carlisle vs Harrogate Prediction: Odds & Betting Tips (24/04/2021)
- Cambridge vs Stevenage Prediction: Odds & Betting Tips (24/04/2021)
- Тамбов – Локомотив прогноз и ставки на матч РПЛ: 24 апреля 2021
- Зенит – Ротор прогноз на матч: 24 апреля 2021
- Which clubs would make it into a European Super League?
- Sheff Utd vs Brighton Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips (24/4/21)
- West Ham vs Chelsea Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips (24/4/21)
- Liverpool vs Newcastle Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips (24/4/21)
- Football Betting Tips
- Арсенал – Эвертон: прогноз на матч 23 апреля 2021