DraftKings is one of the best online sportsbooks in the states, and their mobile apps are also in the top three. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about the app and its features.
- First deposit match at 20% up to $1000
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling, and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or call/text TN REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL/TN only. Min $5 deposit. Deposit bonus requires 25x playthrough. Deposit bonus issued as site credits. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
- 1 Steps to Download the DraftKings Sportsbook App
- 2 What Does DraftKings Offer on Their Mobile Sportsbook Application?
- 3 What are the Top DraftKings App Features Available?
- 4 Assessment of DraftKings’ Mobile App Experience
- 5 Are There Other DraftKings Applications Available?
- 6 Is the DraftKings Sportsbook App Worth It? – Final Review
Steps to Download the DraftKings Sportsbook App
The mobile site and mobile app are the only way to play on DraftKings from your mobile device. If you decide to download the app, you should know that it's available for iOS and Android devices. Below, you can see how to get it for both operating systems.
Get it on Your iPhone or iPad
- Open the iTunes App Store and search for DraftKings Sportsbook & Casino.
- Alternatively, you can open the DK mobile site and follow the links to the App Store.
- Download and install the app from there.
- Open it to start playing.
Get it on Your Android Device
- Open the DraftKings mobile site and click on the “download” button on the Android icon.
- Accept the security prompt to change some settings which allow the download and installation of the app.
- Open the APK file you just downloaded to start installing.
How to sign up through the app
You have to sign up and create an account to be able to use the mobile app. You can create the account from the mobile app itself or the DraftKings site. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the DraftKings site or app and click on the button to start the signup process.
- Set up your account information by entering your e-mail and picking a password.
- Enter the welcome offer promo code to claim the bonus.
- Accept the conditions and terms of the platform by checking the box.
- Enter your personal information in the second part of the form.
- Secure your account by following the steps in the third part of the form.
- Download a geo-location add-on if you are registering from a PC or Mac (if it's from the mobile app, turn on your location services).
- Finish the registration and confirm your e-mail address.
After your account is set up, you should validate it. DK will start the process online and try to verify your identity, but if they can't, you should send copies or pictures of documents that prove your:
- Identity (passport or driver's license)
- Address (recent utility bill or bank statement)
- Payment method (recent card or bank statement)
What Does DraftKings Offer on Their Mobile Sportsbook Application?
Available Betting Options and Spots on the DraftKings Mobile App
DK provides plenty of sports to wager on plus all famous leagues in the US. They also offer betting on not-so-famous sports, like Darts, Motorsports, and Cricket. The platform also offers a wide variety of betting markets, especially on famous sports and leagues. The most popular betting markets are:
- Money lines
- Total points
- Point spread
- Game props
- Player props
Steps for Placing a Wager on the Mobile Application
Placing a bet on the mobile app is the same as placing it on your desktop, but instead of using a computer mouse, you will have to use your fingers to tap on the screen. Here is the process in steps:
- Open the DK Sportsbook app and log in to your account.
- Choose which sport and event you want to wager on and click to open the available markets.
- Pick a market and add it to your bet slip by tapping on the odds you choose.
- You can add more selections to your wager if you want if you don't skip this step.
- Click on the final button below the bet slip to place the wager.
Making Your First Deposit and Picking a Payment Method
Depositing is a necessary step if you want to play on DraftKings' mobile app. You can do it via the mobile app and the DK site. After you log in to your account, you need to go to the Deposit page and pick a payment method from the ones available. Keep in mind that the payment options might vary by state, but these are the general options:
- Prepaid DraftKings card
- Casino cage
- Bank transfer
- Debit/credit card
You can also set spending and deposit limits on your account, which are only some of the available Responsible gambling features. When you wager on sports you have to be inside the state where DK has a license, and online betting is legal. When it comes to depositing or withdrawing, you don't physically have to be in the state, you can deposit from anywhere in the US.
What are the Top DraftKings App Features Available?
Live In-Game Betting
The in-game betting section, which is also called in-play, is the most-visited on the Sportsbook page. This feature allows you to wager after the official start of the game, and the odds are usually pretty good in this section. You don't have to be a pro bettor to place in-play bets, all you need is a good intuition and time because it's always good to watch the streams of games you are betting on. You also have to be fast because odds change by the minute, and you may win the bet, but if you placed it a few minutes later you may have missed the excellent odds.
Streaming matches isn't only available on TV and your online streaming platform anymore. DraftKings provides live streaming for the events they offer odds on. You don't have to pay any additional fees to use the feature; the only requirement is that you have a verified account with DK and that you placed a wager in the last twenty-four hours. Keep in mind that you won't be able to watch in full-screen mode and the stream will be delayed at least thirty seconds to prevent scams.
Cash-out is one of the most popular features available on many Sportsbooks, and it allows you to protect your current winnings or save your future losses by settling your wager before the game ends. You can use the cash-out feature only on certain games, which have the symbol on the side. When you click on the cash-out button, you will see the amount you would receive if you were to cash-out at that exact moment. When it comes to in-play events odds change quickly, and that's why DK calculates the amount for you. Not all cash-out requests are fulfilled, but most are if you sent it in time.
Assessment of DraftKings’ Mobile App Experience
DraftKings’ Sportsbook mobile app provides a high-quality experience to all customers. The app is designed to have modern features and its user-friendly. This means that finding what you are looking for is straightforward, and you won't have to spend time wondering where the deposit or withdrawal menus are, for example. The application loads faster than the mobile site, which is why people prefer to use it.
Are There Other DraftKings Applications Available?
DraftKings Casino App
The DraftKings Casino app is only available in New Jersey, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. In NJ, they are partners with Resorts Atlantic City, while in WV and PA, they partner with Hollywood Casino. The casino app gives you access to DK casino games. These games can be divided into:
- Live Dealer
- Casino Games
- Variety Games
DraftKings Fantasy Sports App
DraftKings's Fantasy platform was the first in a line of successful online entertainment and wagering sections. They started as a DFS provider in that category they are still one of the top. Their Fantasy Sports application is free and it's available not only in the US but in Canada and the UK, as well. DK is also the official partner of the National Football League when it comes to Daily Fantasy. They also provide other sports and leagues, like the NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, NASCAR, Tennis, eSports, etc. The rating of the app on both Google Play and the App Store is 4.9 stars, which makes it a fan-favorite.
DK Live is a second app designed to help your fantasy experience. It has plenty of features designed to inform you of all the latest player news and more. The most important features are:
- My Players – add players to filter which news you receive
- Fantasy Plays – play-by-play in real-time
- Leaderboard – track players in and their fantasy score in real-time
- News – all the relevant news regarding your fantasy teams
- Scores – play-by-play for individual games
Is the DraftKings Sportsbook App Worth It? – Final Review
DraftKings' mobile app is a very popular platform, and some states don't have the option to play from a PC or Mac, so the bookmaker designed it to be efficient and user-friendly. If you have the choice to play on the app or online, we recommend the app because you can play from anywhere, you don't have to be stuck in front of a computer screen. That is the main reason people prefer mobile apps, and DraftKings delivers a fantastic mobile app experience, and you won't miss out on anything.