18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
This article will look to cover the second leg of the Champions League last 16 game between Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla with all the top predictions and tips.
Borussia Dortmund vs Sevilla Top Predictions
- Match result: Borussia Dortmund win at 13/10
- Total goals: Under 2.5 at 29/20
- Anytime goalscorer: Erling Haaland at 8/11
The odds provided here are always subject to change. One should check the latest prices with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Borussia Dortmund vs Sevilla: Team News and Match Preview
Borussia Dortmund are aiming to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the first time since the 2016-17 season. The Germans will be relatively confident after a win and three away goals from the first leg. However, Sevilla have an impressive record in Europe despite being relatively new to the club. On paper, Sevilla’s recent form looks very bad with four losses in five, but two of those games were against Barcelona. Julen Lopetegui’s team have been impressive in away games. In fact, Sevilla are unbeaten in six away matches in the Champions League going back to the middle of 2017.
The confidence displayed by Edin Terzic’s team is likely to have been diminished to a certain extent by the weekend’s loss against Bayern Munich. Still, the aggregate advantage coupled with home advantage should ensure a Dortmund win.
Marcel Schmelzer, Axel Witsel, and Manuel Akanji are the players unavailable for Borussia Dortmund.
Aleix Vidal should miss the game for Sevilla, while Yassine Bounou and Jules Kounde might be doubtful.
Top Betting Predictions for Borussia Dortmund vs Sevilla
The top betting tips for this game would be:
- Borussia Dortmund win at 13/10
- Total goals under 2.5 at 29/20
- Erling Haaland to score anytime at 8/11
Borussia Dortmund win
- Dortmund are a strong outfit in the Champions League games at home
- The German team have failed to win just one of the last six European matches
- Dortmund are unbeaten in seven European games
- Sevilla have lost four out of the last five games in all competitions
Total goals under 2.5
- Sevilla have conceded just once from open play in the three away Champions League games this season
- Dortmund will be keen to protect the advantage from the first leg
- This game might not be open for these reasons
Erling Haaland to score anytime
- Erling Haaland has been in sensational form even amidst transfer rumours
- Haaland scored a brace in the first leg
- The 20-year-old has eight goals in just five Champions League games this season
FAQs regarding Borussia Dortmund vs Sevilla Coverage and Accessibility
When is the match scheduled?
This match is set to take place on March 9, 2020
When does this match start?
This second leg of the Champions League encounter will kick off at 20:00 GMT
Where will the match take place?
This match will take place at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund.
What is the result of the first leg?
Borussia Dortmund were able to get a 3-2 win against Sevilla in the first leg.
Can fans watch the match online?