18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Here we cast our eye over Betfair Grand National offers.
Money Back as cash up to £20 if your first bet loses
Max £20 refund on first bet. Bet must be placed in first 7 days of account opening. Only deposits made via Debit Card will be eligible for the promotion. T&Cs apply.
With Cheltenham having come and gone – the National Hunt calendar turns to its next big event. The Grand National 2023. The event will be one of the sporting highlights of the year and due to its popularity – bookmakers offer a whole host of Grand National betting offers.
The Grand National is arguably the most famous horse race in the world. It's run over a distance of 4 miles and 2.5 furlongs. The horses that run in the race jump a total of 30 fences and as well as the huge obstacles in front of them, the horses and jockeys also need to navigate their way past 40 other horses.
Millions will place a bet on the day and the race itself will be watched all over the globe. Whether you are a new bettor or have bet on the big race numerous times, bookmakers up and down the land have a host of different Grand National betting offers you can take advantage of.
Betfair Grand National offers
Betfair is one of the best bookmakers to use when it comes to betting on horse racing. Their horse racing package is extensive with every horse race in the UK and Ireland covered.
For new customers looking to sign up with Betfair ahead of the Grand National 2022, Betfair Grand National offers rewards new customers with £20 as money back as cash when a new customer deposits £10 and places a £10 bet on its sportsbook. That’s not all, as well as the free bets, new customers will also be rewarded with 50 free spins to use on selected games within the Betfair casino. Betfair has a loaded ante-post market where every one of the seventy or so horses can be backed. Any ante-post bets that are placed pay to five places if an each-way bet is made. With Betfair Grand National offers a new customer could trigger their free bets and rewards by placing a £10 bet on the ante-post market that Betfair currently run.
If you want a bet on the Grand National 2023, by betting with Betfair you are in reliable hands. Betfair is one of the most trusted and respected bookmakers in the industry. Betfair Grand National offers is one of the strongest welcoming offers you will find and a great place to start if you are looking for some great value Grand National Betting offers.
Placing a bet with Betfair
To make the most out of your Betfair Grand National offers, placing a bet with Betfair couldn’t be any easier
- Sign up for Betfair. You will need to create a unique login and password
- Once logged in and registered, register your chosen method of deposit. This can be a bank card or through a payment channel like PayPal
- Find the deposit section and follow instructions carefully to deposit your first amount
- Once the deposit has been made, your money will appear in your account.
- Find the sport or event you would like to bet on
- Once found, place your wager and confirm
- Your bet would have been placed and if the bet was a minimum of £10, you will be entitled to your free bets and free casino spins as per the conditions of the Betfair Grand National offers.
Now that you know how to place a bet with Betfair. Let’s take a look at the Grand National 2022 race in more detail and the type of bets you can place to make the most out of Betfair Grand National offers.
Grand National betting markets with Betfair
The Grand National 2023 is set to take place on the 17th of March. The official declarations for the race will not take place until the 12th of March. Currently, there are still seventy horses that are entered into the race with this list set to be cut down to the final forty horses.
Betting with Betfair couldn’t be any easier as the site has a whole host of different 2023 Grand National markets available.
Leading Betfair's ante-post market currently are Any Second Now and Delta Work. Both of these horses can be backed at 8/1. As the big race draws ever near the number of markets you can back will open and there will be many options to help you use your Betfair Grand National offers. Let’s go through them here
These are bets you place where you back the horse to win outright. In order for the bet to win the horse, you back must be the first to finish. If it comes second, third or fourth it will be classed as a loser.
Each way bets
Each-way bets are where you back both the place and win option. Your bet covers both options. If you wish to use your Betfair Grand National offers in the each-way market, you can take £10 and split it two ways to back a horse £5 each way. This means that if your horse wins you will be paid as a winner and if it finishes in the top 5 you will also be paid as a winner. As the race approaches it’s likely that even more places with usually the top 7 or 8 are being paid as winners.
Betfair Grand National Odds
- Any Second Now – 10/1
- Minella Times – 10/1
- Snow Leopardess – 11/1
- Delta Work – 14/1
- Fiddlerontheroof – 14/1
What you should look out for when placing a bet with Betfair Grand National offers.
To ensure you are getting the best possible value when using your Betfair Grand National offers let’s take a look at the key things to bear in mind when placing a bet on the 2023 Grand National.
- Has the horse run in the race before? Experience over the Aintree fences is a good thing to have. As we have indicated earlier, the fences at the Grand National are bigger and present a unique jumping challenge like no other. If you are backing a horse who has either run in the race before or in one of the trial races you know that your chosen horse has at least attempted the fences before.
- How much weight is there to carry? The better horses in the race will have bigger weights assigned to them. It's a tricky one to judge as you will want to back one of the better horses, but in what is bound to come down to a real stamina test you might want to stay away from the poorly handicapped horses
- What are conditions like? The conditions are bound to play a huge part in who wins the race. April is a funny time of year, we have seen Grand Nationals run in the mud or we have seen them raced under a hot baking sun. Make sure you look at what the conditions are going to be like. If it’s wet, horses with soft or heavy ground form are probably good options. If it’s dry horses with good ground form will certainly have a chance.
- Stamina. Stamina is the key to any Grand National and the 2023 Grand National will be no different. There will be plenty of horses in the race who would never have attempted to run this far before. These horses have to come with a risk. Others would have and could be a safer bet.
Grand National 2023
The Grand National is one of the oldest races that are on the racing calendar. The race was first run back in 1839 and has always been raced at Aintree which is in the city of Liverpool. What makes the race stand out is that the fences the horses jump in are bigger than the type of fences that you would see jumping at other horse meets. The race has many unique fences such as Beechers Brook, the Chair and the Canal Turn. It’s a race where stamina needs to win the day. The competitors of the race complete two laps of the famous track jumping a total of fifteen fences per lap. The race is measured at over 4 miles. The prize money on offer is amongst some of the best in the entire sport. It isn’t a surprise to see that all of the sports foremost jumps trainers will be trying to win the famous race. There have been some famous winners of the race but perhaps none more so than Red Rum.
Red Rum is the only horse to have won the race three times, winning the race in 1973, 1974 and 1977. In recent times the magnificent Tiger Roll is the only horse to trouble that record having won the race on two different occasions.
The Grand National is the biggest handicap race of them all. What this means is that the horses in the field will all be running of different weights. The horses will have numbers that will be present just underneath their saddles. These numbers have meaning. The horse that has the number one allocated is the horse that has to carry the most weight. The horse with the number 40 assigned to it will be carrying the least. Although this might seem unfair, the nature of a handicap is to keep the race as even as possible. Horses that have achieved more over their careers and who have the better form are the horses that are penalised by carrying the additional weight.
Betfair Grand National specials
As the race approaches it’s highly likely that specific markets such as – will the winning horse be trained in the UK or Ireland? Or will the winning horse be trained by Willie Mullins? Will appear. These markets add a bit more fun to the race and are sometimes easier to back than trying to pick a winner from forty runners!
Betfair Grand National: it’s not all about the big race. The Grand National 2023 is more than just the big race on Saturday. The action from Aintree starts on Thursday 14th March and there are a string of top-quality races and horses in action in the build-up.
The Thursday is headlined by the amateur version of the Grand National, the Hunter Chase. This is the first time the Grand National fences are rolled out. It’s usually a race full of thrills and spills and any of the horses in the race have a great chance of winning.
Friday is Ladies Day and it’s a day where glitz and glam off the track are combined with top-quality action on it. Friday’s headline race is the Topham which is the second time in the meeting where the Grand National fences will be rolled out. A valuable handicap, the Topham is seen as the ideal race for future Grand National stars. Horses in the race are packed with potential and it’s one of the best betting heats of the entire week.
With the welcome return of spectators to the Grand National 2023, we are set for three action-packed days of racing. Betfair will have a whole range of markets available and will have a large variety of Grand National offers available for new customers. As it is one of the most exciting and thrilling races you could choose to bet on, every horse has a chance. To make sure you are at the heart of the action, sign up to Betfair Grand National Offers today.
And if you are looking for a similarly competitive offer, then you can also check out the Smarkets Grand National Offers, which has a welcome bonus for new customers as well.
When is the Grand National 2023?
The Grand National meeting lasts three days and starts from the 14th of March. The Grand National itself is on the 17th of March.
Can I place a bet now for the Grand National 2023?
Yes. Betfair Grand National offers are up and running and you can take advantage of the free bets to use on any Betfair Grand National Market.
What are Betfair Grand National offers?
If you sign up and deposit £10 in Betfair's sportsbook you will get £30 in free bets and 50 free spins to use in a Betfair casino
Will there be any more Betfair Grand National offers?
Yes. Keep an eye out before the big race for more offers from Betfair.
How do I take advantage of Betfair Grand National offers?
Visit betfair.co.uk and sign up today. Once registered you can place a £10 bet. You will then get your free bets and casino spins awarded.
Will there be any more Grand National Betting offers?
Yes in the lead up to the big day Betfair will run more promotions, so keep your eyes peeled!
You can also view the other best grand national offers for 2023
- William hill grand national offers
- Bet365 grand national offers
- Paddy power grand national offers
- Betfred grand national offers
- Smarkets grand national offers
- Unibet grand national offers
- SBK grand national offers
- Quinnbet grand national offers
- BetVictor grand national offers
- Bwin grand national offers
- Matchbook grand national offers
- Mr Play grand national offers
- Grosvenor Sports grand national offers