Anderlecht to win
Over 2.5 goals
Genk to win
The Belgian Pro League is one of the most exciting leagues in European football. Belgium's top flight might not attract the same amount of viewers as the top four European football leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga) but it still offers plenty of appeal to bookmakers and betters. We're bringing you our latest betting tips and prediction for the Belgian league as well as the latest outright markets and all the information you could need about the competition itself.
- 1 Belgium League Prediction: this week's top three tips
- 2 Outright Predictions for the Belgian Pro League
- 3 Everything you need to know about the Belgian Pro League
- 4 Best bookmakers to use for Belgium League betting
- 5 Belgium League Frequently Asked Questions
Belgium League Prediction: this week's top three tips
Here are our predictions for three of this week's big games in the play-off sections of the Belgian Pro League.
KAS Eupen vs Anderlecht: Anderlecht to win @ 8/11 (1.73)
- Anderlecht are undefeated in their last seven matches
- Eupen have lost each of their last three matches
- Anderlecht have won the last four head to head games between these sides
Tip Probability: 58%
Mechelen vs Royal Antwerp: Over 2.5 goals @ 8/13 (1.62)
- Mechelen have seen three of their last five matches go north of the 2.5 mark
- Three of Royal Antwerp's last five games have gone over the 2.5 goal cut off
- Three of the last five head to head matches have broken the 2.5 threshold
Tip Probability: 62%
KRC Genk vs KVC Westerlo: Genk to win @ 1/2 (1.50)
- Genk have put together a nine game undefeated run
- Westerlo have lost four of their last five matches whilst they are winless in eight
- Genk have won the last three head to head matches
Tip Probability: 67%
Outright Predictions for the Belgian Pro League
Here are the latest outright predictions for the Belgian Pro League:
Pro League Winner: Club Brugge
Pro League Winner: Antwerp
Pro League Winner: Genk
The season hasn't yet started, however, the Belgian big boys are those dominating the betting odds where title glory is concerned. With the Belgium Pro League gaining attention further afield in recent years, the title race is likely to fall under a much more watchful eye this coming season.
Everything you need to know about the Belgian Pro League
The Belgian Pro League is the top division of professional football in Belgium with the regular running from August to April and then followed by the Play-Off sections.
The first play-off section is commonly known as the Championship Playoff in which the top four teams at the end of the regular season battle it out to see who will win the title and finish in the Champions League places.
The second set of play-offs are often referred to as the Europa League Playoff and in this section, the selected teams battle it out to see who will qualify for the Europa and Conference League positions.
There is a third and final play-off section called the Promotion-Relegation Playoff in which the team finishing 17th in the Belgian Pro League takes on the team finishing 2nd in the Belgian First Division with the winner earning a place in the Belgian Pro League for next season and the loser either staying or being relegated to the second tier of Belgian football.
Best bookmakers to use for Belgium League betting
In the UK, there aren't a whole host of bookmakers that offer Outright betting odds on the Belgian Pro League with the best of the bunch being bet365.
Bet365 are currently offering odds on who will win the Belgian Pro League title with Genk being the favourite, followed by Union Saint-Gilloise, Royal Antwerp and then Club Brugge.
However, when it comes to betting on individual matches there are a whole host of bookmakers that offer odds on Belgian Pro League matches such as Unibet, Midnite, Bet Victor, LiveScoreBet, betfair, William Hill, Stake, 888Sport, BetUK, betway, Paddy Power, Betfred, Ladbrokes, Coral, bet365 and Skybet.
Here are our top three picks for Belgian Pro League bookmakers,
Belgium League Frequently Asked Questions
- How many teams play in the Belgian Pro League? – as things stand there are 18 clubs that compete in Belgium's top-flight but at the start of the 2023/24 season that will be reduced to 16.
- Which team has the most Belgian Pro League titles? – Anderlecht have won 34 top-division titles to date.
- Who are the current Belgian Pro League champions? – Antwerp won the 2022/23 campaign.
- What are the domestic cup competitions in Belgium? – there are two, the Belgian Super Cup played between the league winners and the cup winners, and the Belgian Cup.
- When was the Belgian Pro League founded? – the top division in Belgian football was formed way back in 1895 as a round-robin tournament consisting of just seven teams.