The 1st day of May will be marked by the so-called boxing day in England. Barrow will be hosting Southend with only 2 League Two rounds left to be played from the current campaign. Tune in for the latest odds and betting predictions for the game in hand.
Barrow vs Southend top free betting predictions and odds
Here is our team of experts take on this match-up:
- Football Whispers Prediction one: Match Result – Barrow @ 1/1
- Football Whispers Prediction two: Both Teams to Score – No @ 5/6
- Football Whispers Prediction three: Total Goals – Under 2.5 @ 4/6
The odds are subject to constant change without notice, check your betslip carefully before placing your bet. Our recommended bookmaker for this match is Ladbrokes.
Barrow to Win
Both squads are situated in the lower half of the League Two table, with Southend being in the danger zone. The biggest distinction between the sides is in the goal difference. Southend has a –30 GD, while Barrow has it much better with just –5. The Bluebirds have scored nearly two times more goals than their opponents. Furthermore, the visitors have had issues on the road this season, scoring just 11 when playing away from home.
BTTS – No
The statistics speak for themselves here. Southend averages 0.5 goals scored as visitors and the minuscule 27% of BTTS – Yes in those same games. Backing the BTTS – No option at the odds of 5/6 will provide a decent risk/reward ratio.
Under 2.5 Goals
Under 2.5 Goals at the odds of 4/6 is something you don’t see every day, but there's a reason for that. Once again it has to do with the Shrimpers' style of play. As guests, only 23% of their 22 games so far, have finished with over 2.5 goals. The percentage isn’t looking too good for Barrow either, with 36% of their games hitting over 2.5.
All the latest stats and odds for Barrow vs Southend
In the following section, you can enjoy glancing through the most important stats for this match, as well as the best odds.
Can Southend escape relegation?
While it is all mathematically possible, it would need quite a few miracles to happen. With just two games left, The Shrimpers need to win both, improve their goal difference with at least +9, all while Scunthorpe doesn’t get any points and score any goals. All of this could start with a win against Barrow, but the statistics heavily reject that idea.
It's worth pointing out that in their only meeting before, Southend was the one to take the win 1-0. Make no mistake though, Barrow is the favored side in this match-up. The much better goal difference and better form at home, combined with Southend’s struggles away from home should be enough to get the hosts the three points.
Barrow vs Southend: Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the match going to be played? – At Holker Street, Barrow’s home ground.
- What is the kick-off time? – Being part of the boxing day, the match, as well as nearly all others will start at 16:00, on 01/05/2021.
- What are your recommended bookmakers? – Our recommended bookmaker for this game is Ladbrokes.
- Where can I find more free League Two predictions? – If you are looking for another League Two match-up prediction, you can check our dedicated page.