18+ | Don’t let the game play you | Stay in control. Gamble responsibly | Gamblinghelponline.org.au
Bet365 is a major bookmaker on the world scene when it comes to sports betting. Here though we focus on one key aspect of their offering with a look at the Bet365 bet builder Australia.
What to expect from the bet365 bet builder?
Before we crack on with talking about the Bet365 bet builder Australia tool, we want to detail what you can expect us to cover. We'll begin with a high-level overview of what the tool is. Then we'll look at the different options you have available within the tool, the markets it can be used on and, finally, we'll close with a FAQ about Bet365 and the specifics of their bet builder.
So, what is the tool?
In simple terms, the bet builder tool offered by Bet365 is an easy-to-use function that allows punters to combine bets in multiple markets from the same event into one larger wager offering superior odds.
The key things to stress here are that any bets placed through the bet builder are singles regardless of how many market combinations you've pooled; this means that every section of your bet has to be correct for you to see a return on your stake. Bets of this nature are harder to win than standard single bets on an event but the trade-off is for better odds. The mathematical approach by the bookmaker is similar to that of accumulator betting. There is one vital difference though; that being that bet builder bets are focussed on one event compared to accumulators being across many.
Other bookmakers offer similar things, however, most of these are through template bets I.e. you have no say on the betting ‘legs' involved or they require some form of communication with the bookmaker; this is often through social media. With Bet365, you can use the bet builder live to see up-to-date odds and alter your selections as you so wish, as many times as you wish.
What sports are bet builders available on?
The Bet365 bet builder Australia is available across multiple sports with more likely to be added in the future. Currently, the key sports covered are Tennis, Basketball, American Football, and Soccer.
What markets can you bet on?
The markets you're allowed to incorporate into your bet builder vary depending on the chosen sport; they are usually quite extensive though. We'll use soccer as an example of the depth you can go to within the bet builder.
An overview of the available markets
- Player to score – this is where you can back a specific player to score either first, last, or anytime as well as backing them to net more than one goal.
- Player card – bet on a player – or players – to get booked or sent off.
- Result – who will win the game?
- Double chance – can't decide on a match result? Cover two outcomes.
- Match goals – how many goals will there be? This can be wagered as over, under or as an exact prediction.
- Corners – like the match goals market but relating to corner kicks.
- Cards – as per match goals and corners; you can bet on the number of cards there will be in the game.
- Both teams to receive cards – will both teams receive cards? If so, will it be one or two plus?
- Both teams to score – do you fancy both teams to score? This bet can be specific to either half or the full game.
- Team goals – like the ‘match goals' market we touched on earlier but for a specific team
- Player shots – pick out a player – or players – any bet on how many shots they'll have in a game; this can be made specific to total shots or shots on target.
- Player assists – back a player to grab an assist
- Total shots – how many shots will a game see? You can opt for any shots or only shots on target to count.
- Total offsides – like your usual over/under bets with a focus on offsides.
- HT/FT – predict the half-time and full-time result.
- Team to score in both halves – back a team to either score or not score in both halves.
Please note, this isn't a comprehensive list.
How do you build your bet?
With such an array of options available for your bet builder bets, you would be forgiven for thinking it's complicated to start creating your bespoke wager. It is not. In fact, it's incredibly simple. When you navigate to a specific event one of the menu options will be aptly named ‘Bet Builder'; once here, you will see a ‘+' sign. Using this button will open up a list of markets available for the event in question. You can then pick and choose the markets – and selections – you wish to incorporate into your bet. As you add them to your bet builder your odds will grow with full visibility; it means you know exactly where you stand with your bet at every step. When you're happy with your bet, you simply add it to your bet slip and place your bet as normal.
Bet365 bet builder Australia FAQ
Is Bet365 a reputable bookmaker?
Yes, Bet365 Australia is one of the biggest and most trusted bookies in the world.
Does Bet365 operate a betting app?
Yes, both iOS and Android apps are available.
Is the Bet365 bet builder Australia available on desktop and mobile devices?
Do other bookmakers have bet builder tools?
Other bookmakers may offer a similar concept but, in our opinion, Bet365's is the quickest and easiest to use.
How long do I have to wait before seeing bet builder odds?
When placing bets through the Bet365 bet builder tool, odds are live.
Is there a limit on how many selections I can add to a bet builder?
Your odds will reach their maximum level after eight selections.
- Bet365 / Commercial content / 18+ Responsible Gambling.
- This review is based on the writer's personal experience with bet365's offering.
- Content last updated in November 2021.
- Please check the official bet366 website for the latest information.