Australia vs Uzbekistan Prediction, Odds & Betting Tips 23/01/2024

Australia
23/01/24 - 11:30
Uzbekistan

Australia - Uzbekistan

AFC Asian Cup - Al Janoub Stadium

3rd Round

*These betting odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Free Australia vs Uzbekistan Predictions and Picks

Socceroos are doing a fine job during this AFC Asian Cup, but will they be able to best Uzbekistan on the 23rd of January? Find out the answer in the following Australia vs Uzbekistan betting tips below.

BTTS – No

  • Australia haven’t conceded a single goal in six consecutive games in all tournaments.
  • We haven’t had goals galore in seven consecutive games for the Socceroos.
  • Syria had only one shot on target in Australia’s last official game.

Australia to Win

  • Australia won both of their AFC Asian Cup games so far.
  • Socceroos haven’t lost a single game since the 13th of October, 2023, when England pipped coach Arnold’s boys 1-0 at Wembley Stadium.
  • Uzbekistan won only one of their last two games.

Essential Australia vs Uzbekistan Odds, Stats, and Bookmakers

Check out the following Australia vs Uzbekistan head-to-head statistics and make your AFC Asian Cup bet.

Last Five - Australia

26/03/24

Asia - World Cup Qualifying AWC

Lebanon

Lebanon

Australia

Australia

0

5

W

21/03/24

Asia - World Cup Qualifying AWC

Lebanon

Lebanon

Australia

Australia

0

2

W

02/02/24

AFC Asian Cup AFC

South Korea

South Korea

Australia

Australia

2

1

L

28/01/24

AFC Asian Cup AFC

id

Indonesia

Australia

Australia

0

4

W

06/01/24

International Match International

Bahrain

Bahrain

Australia

Australia

0

2

W

Last Five - Uzbekistan

26/03/24

Asia - World Cup Qualifying AWC

hk

Hong Kong

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

0

3

W

21/03/24

Asia - World Cup Qualifying AWC

hk

Hong Kong

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

0

2

W

03/02/24

AFC Asian Cup AFC

Qatar

Qatar

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

1 (3)

1 (2)

L

30/01/24

AFC Asian Cup AFC

Thailand

Thailand

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

1

2

W

25/12/23

International Match International

Kyrgyzstan

Kyrgyzstan

Uzbekistan

Uzbekistan

1

4

W

Australia odds: 38/25 (2.52) – 39.1%

Draw odds: 177/100 (2.77) – 30.0%

Uzbekistan odds: 11/5 (3.20) – 30.9%

As you can see, we have Australia down as the expected winners, with a 39.1% win probability ahead of the kick-off, but this certainly doesn’t mean coach Arnold’s boys will get easy three points. A draw is just as likely at 30.0% likelihood, while an Uzbekistan win is priced at 11/5 (3.20), giving the symbolic visitors a solid 30.9% chance of scooping the three points as well. However, we believe that BTTS – No is the best bet you can make on this match. Our key Australia vs Uzbekistan prediction is valued by the bookmakers at 7/10 (1.70), meaning there’s a 58.82% likelihood.

Australia vs Uzbekistan Lineups & Team News

Australia

As we mentioned earlier in our Australia vs Uzbekistan prediction, the Socceroos managed to defeat Syria 0-1. However, the highlight of Australia’s display was undoubtedly the fact that coach Arnold’s boys recorded a sixth consecutive clean sheet. Moreover, they only allowed Syria to produce one shot on target.

Predicted lineup – Ryan (GK), Behich, Burgess, Souttar, Jones, Metcalfe, O’Neill, Irvine, Bos, Duke & Boyle

Uzbekistan

After stepping awkwardly and losing points against Syria, Sergeev and his colleagues managed to thrash India 3-0, giving Uzbekistan a great chance of advancing to the next stage of the AFC Asian Cup. However, as you saw from our Australia vs Uzbekistan predictions, we believe the Socceroos will get the three points today.

Predicted lineup – Yusupov (GK), Eshmurodov, Nasrullaev, Khusanov, Sayfiev, Hamrobekov, Masharipov, Shukorov, Uronov, Fayzullaev & Sergeev

Player to Watch: Mathew Ryan

Seeing as Australia haven’t conceded goals in the last 540 minutes of soccer, we have to give some credit to goalkeeper-in-chief Mathew Ryan. The 31-year-old Plumpton-born shot-stopper has been performing at his lethal best for the Socceroos recently and we are sure that he will be more than eager to record another clean sheet against key rivals Uzbekistan. Mathew didn’t have a lot of work against Syria but he did make a crucial save that could’ve cost Australia some points.

Starting Lineups

*Starting lineups are usually announced 1hr before the kick-off


Avatar of Zack TC
Zack TC

Zack is a longtime football fan, writer, and bettor. He also has experience playing and coaching the game of football at a local level. His interest in the MLS, Liga MX and the Canadian Premier League adds a new dimension to the content we have at FootballWhispers.